Here ya go MOPX...Best drummer alive

Any Request or Thoughts?
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Here ya go MOPX...Best drummer alive

Post by SPiKed X »

From their Frail Words Colapse Cd, As I Lay Dying's "94 Hours" video. There are so many people attempting to copy his 180+ bpm it's pitiful lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47p4GxT-R5A

From the same cd, "Forever"...this one's more technical imo, but really known more for being copied for it's guitars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxfEN5I4yGo

And now for their more polished, and more globally accepted release, Shadows of Security cd, "Confined"...from MTV's headbanger's ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlLXzCilWbA

So no, these guys aren't some lil obscure never heard of Christian band :D, They're played on MTV...specially headbanger's ball, Fuse rock countdown, have hosted MTV's HB Ball show, been on Fuse hosting, over 8.5 Million listens to their songs on Myspace, and 3+ million profile views. And yes they are blatantly Christians :D I've seen them in concert with Norma Jean, Madball, A Life Once Lost, and trust me they freakin KILLED it! Jeremy's drum solo was like <b>oh my gosh</b>!!!! lol.

Oh yeah Norma Jean is great too...and played on MTV HB Ball alot here's my fav from them "Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste"....lol not for the faint at heart :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S316xiCqFW4

You have to listen to these completely before you can really judge them, cuz there's quite few tiems in each that the styles change...especially Norma Jean.

Now I just gotta get Blue Brat here lol.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

oh my oh my... 94 hours..i love that song.. just for the simple fact that ive never heard anyone play that fast.. 180bpm is pretty impressive xD
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

yeah AILD's drummer is good.. but c'mon you cant forget mike portnoy.. one of the best imho
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

Really nice drumming :]

But yeah I agree with DT, Mike Portnoy FTW!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KUKCys5jqk

Check out the drum solo in the middle.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I watched the vid. Not bad but he doesn't do anything any other double kick drummer does. No creativity until about 7:20 and even it wasn't great. Not to dis I promise you. But compare his "normal" use of the double kick to Mancino's "creative" use of it. It's not just about speed, it's about his patterns that are so unusual. I wish I could have found a vid of Mancino's drum solos, but I can't. But seeing them inconcert with Norma Jean in Charlotte, I can tell you he freakin blew it away during his solo between the songs "Another Soldier Lies Behind Me" and "Forever"...2 of my fav songs as well lol.

Also I did notice a lot of the vids on youtube for him show him using only a single kick with a double pedal. Don't let it fool ya lol. Even my buddy, before AILD came up, thought they could have only used a double pedal/single kick to do the rythyms and speed Mancino accomplishes, well he found out otherwise as they brought out the real double kick lol...of course I was extatic :P

Lars used to be my fav because he had some creativity...or so I thought...in songs like Battery, and One. I mean I remember doing the drum beat to One in school lol cuz it was such a cool beat. But now I understand a lil better, and since finding AILD's Mancino, I haven't heard a drummer yet to equal his creativity on the drums.

I'm gonna have to listen to some DT so I can see what the deal is, cuz honestly just judging by the sound of that instrumental I don't think I'd like'm, so I'm a look'm up on Rhapsody :D and then make a correct judgement lol...cuz I do see they've gotten popular recently.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

m0pX

Post by m0pX »

If you are checking out DT go for their older stuff. Download Take The Time, Under A Glass Moon and Learning To Live (from Images and Words), Erotomania and Voices (from Awake), and A Change Of Seasons (from the EP of the same name). Uh I guess check out A Fortune In Lies too (from When Dream and Day Unite).

EDIT: Forgot one, get 6:00 from Awake too. Best DT song ever (almost) imo.
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

-=[MC]=-TOASTED
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-TOASTED »

:shock:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Thanks for the links, that helped me the easy way lol.

Not my style of music tbh. That's 80's sounding stuff lol. The music itself is ok, but his singing, not my style lol. Gimme some hardcore screamo or vocals like Staind or Deftones and we all good :P

Here's some of my other "flavorings"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeBRcB85HU4

Gotta love this speed too :D These just some good ole country boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyvRAipL9nA&eurl=

Visit my MySpace page>>

m0pX

Post by m0pX »

xD The guitarist on the second vid is using a Peavey 5150 :o
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

lock b4 meh = puke imo!
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓