Router Issues with ET

Come here what ever the prob is
terrible
Honorary Member

Router Issues with ET

Post by terrible »

Hi guys

:D

Remembered to post this in order to be of any help, to people who might have the same problems i had, doing router config to play ET. :?
I have an AOLINKDR814Q ADSL2+, but despite config will be diferent in other routers, the tecnic will be the same.

First acess modem config page, go to the area where you can open doors in the modem- in this model, go to security, then advanced nat configuration, click in Add reserved mapping.

This is the menu to do the changes:

1-Leave the global ip as 0.0.0.0

2- Insert your internal ip, if you have a local area network going, insert the gateway ip it will be the first like x.x.x.1, that way all pcs connected to that network will be able to use the doors that we will open.

3- In transport (in this model) we chose the protocol, chose UDP protocol, you don´t need to open TCP or other protocols.

4- Next comes external port range, here you can either open doors 27950,27951 and 27960(didn´t work in my case :roll: ) so i opened the doors between 27950-27970, by typing 27950 in Start box, and 27970 in End box

5- In the internal port range just do the same as for nº4 step

It´s almost done :P . Just don´t forget to save your new config and then restart your router removing the network cable from it,place it back, reboot your PC and you will be ready for action :tank: .

This is a web site with excellent step by step tutorial, where you can chose your router model and the game you want to play,so they can guide you. Sad... doesn´t have ET. :head:

http://portforward.com/

Well hope this can help someone with router config probs :P

Cya all around, btw was already in your server today using this connection under the name UndatedElement. :dance:

:wave:
If it is terrible enough... just think how terrible it can gets ;)
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Cool, thanks mike.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

np Mike, dunno if this will help people but i tried my best :P
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

wow ty terrible.. coincidence.. ive been trying to open ports to get my torrents to download faster.. still cant figure it out though
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

hi mare, the one listed are only for ET, but try to use the link i gave. The tutorial it´s pretty good and they have a lot of router models and programs, with screenshots to guide you along the way. :P
You just chose your router model, then the program you want and you get a bunch of screen shots to see how you should config your router model to the particular program you want. Pretty nice imo. :D
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

did all that.. d/l the portfoward thing.. cant get it too work.. i dont really understadn it all.. oh well
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

Hi again mare :D there are also a couple of things you must consider, your router have an internal firewall? Is it enable?...if it is you must check the config, or even disable it, it´s a risk but otherwise you can always get low id when connecting to P2P programs what will slow your tranfers hugely :? .
If you chose to disable your router firewall :hang: (wich i don´t advise), get one to run in your pc.
If you already got one there, check your config on it too and see if transfers in your P2P programs are allowed. This could be the problem :fix: .
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

well it was dumbness that was the problem.. i had windows firewall on.. :P forgot it was on.. now downloads went from like 10kb/s to 200kb/s
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

Glad i could help :P