A website

Come here what ever the prob is
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

A website

Post by lumberpat »

So, I have a desire to create a website for myself to keep pictures, videos and files on. Also, for my students who might have missed assignments. However I have no idea where to start to find one. So, does anyone have suggestions of what price is good, who from etc.? I'd appreciate any constructive information! Thanks
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

1&1 Is really cheap reliable web hosting $4 a mont gets you 10gig storage and 300gig bandwidth. and a lot of other features like 1 click installs on a lot of blog programs and other web site software.
(Also if you sign up by clicking the link i make money that will help out with the hosting bill of this web site)
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=14651227

As far as getting your web page set up you said you wanted to put your pictures on it i would recomend using Gallery2 It is really easy to set up and install. And almost any blog software will let you post assignments on it. They will also have a calendar on the side so your students can look at the calendar and see if they what they missed on what day.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
OxyGen
Breath In.. Breath Out
Breath In.. Breath Out

Post by OxyGen »

Damn bobo that's cheap webhosting.. I have a website @ 30$ a year with only 100mb storage and a 2 gig traffic.

for the site itself I can suggest Seditio it's a free PHP website engine and it's really fun with build in forum, newsposter, several kind of pages and you can upgrade it with lots of plugins. I personnaly combine it with gallery2. check it out at my homepage