internet connection

Come here what ever the prob is
OxyGen
Breath In.. Breath Out
Breath In.. Breath Out

internet connection

Post by OxyGen »

since i found a very nice forum where i can download some stuff, i got to the 'download/upload limit' @ my account with my provider and they put me on smallband. I also found out that my digital TV connection uses bandwith and traffic memory. so i upgraded to a faster connection and bigger traffic.

actually my problem is solved, but I am wondering what connections you guys have.

my new Turbonet's specs:
connection 20mbps
and a download/upload of 35gig a month
this costs me 61.5€/month or around 86$/month
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

I have ATT dsl which sux 3mbs down 1mbs up. $20 a month and no bandwidth limit though which is nice since I always download/upload at least 100GB/month
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
OxyGen
Breath In.. Breath Out
Breath In.. Breath Out

Post by OxyGen »

woow 100gb/month..
do you have a whole room of harddisks or something? =)
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

I have just over 2TB of space 30% free currently and I don't keep every thing I download a lot of podcast I download watch then delete. The last 7 days in bittorrent I used 21.90GB Download and I usually upload 1.5x as much as i download.
Month's Transfer: 33.41 GB
Week's Transfer: 21.91 GB
Today's Transfer: 11.11 GB
My monthly transfer was reset the 20th when I upgraded to the newest version of Ubuntu.
that is my bittorrent traffic only. Will post all my bandwidth when i can get home and pull it off my router.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

6mbit down connection, no download limit.

I don't download as much as I did before, I used to download atleast 10movies a week all xvids tho, that's like 28gb a month...

Don't keep them saved tho, just the nice ones.. I have 80gb in my computer currently, will me more after christmass <3
but the movies I d/l go straight on my xbox which is also 80gb. Hope to get it to 500gb one day :)

Also don't use torrents, torrents ftl. Usenet ftw :), I get 700kb/s stable download... And since I don't upload I download LEGAL! ROFLZOLFOZL!

Wish I had a 20mbit connection, I want that 2,5mb/s download speed ;(
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

Your from the Netherlands <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font> what are you worried about the legality of downloading files for its not like the US or the UK where they are suing every one that downloads so much as one song (that i am aware of at least).
also Bit torrent FTW never understood people paying for usenet to download files I like them fast and free. Also bittorrent i have noticed is better for downloading entire tv Series in stead of individual episodes (nothing like downloading 80 gig of loony tunes in 2 weeks).

Also if you are talking about getting a 500 gig HDD for your xbox I would recomend you don't. the XFAT file system that the xbox uses starts to corrupt If you have partitions larger then 200 gig. Would be better to stick the 500 gig in your pc create a samba share (windows file share) and have your xbox stream the content from your pc over the lan. And how do you live with just 80 gig of hard drive space? Would be hard for me I have 80 gig of Loony tunes episodes.
OxyGen
Breath In.. Breath Out
Breath In.. Breath Out

Post by OxyGen »

I never had a bigger HD then 80 gig, but now with my new pc I have 1.2tera =) but its in raid 10 so I can use 600gig (its lika a new world opend for me) so I am new at the downloading stuff, didnt do it before, but now I found a forum were you can download almost everything (games, progs, music)
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

BoBo wrote:Also if you are talking about getting a 500 gig HDD for your xbox I would recomend you don't. the XFAT file system that the xbox uses starts to corrupt If you have partitions larger then 200 gig.
that's why you need 2 partitions, and F and a G

Also, about the usenet thing, I don't have to upload.. which means it isn't all that heavy for the network

I can atleast still play and download :)
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

still a 500 gig hard drive split in to 2 partitions (with 10 gig for the other partitions) is still 245Gig which is over the 200 gig limit. Also i have my router configured to give my games and http traffic the highest quality of service and bit torrent the lowest so as soon as i jump in game it throttles my bit torrent speed down so it wont interfere with my game traffic.

Also OxyGen I know what you mean about finally getting a large hard drive and how it opens up new possibilities. I had a 40 gig hard drive for the longest time and i could only have 10 movies or 20 tv show episodes on my pc at one time. then i got a 160gig drive and new i could never go back to having a small Hard Drive when i run out of room know i just go buy the largest hard drive i can get for $100 which is a 500Gig drive currently.