what do u think of this?

Come here what ever the prob is
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

what do u think of this?

Post by DreamTheater »

http://cgi.ebay.com/P4-2-93ghz-Gaming-C ... dZViewItem

any person who knows computers.. can you tell me how great this computer would be? it is relatively cheap.. i would consider buying it.. by what ive seen the specs arent bad.. anythings not bad compared to my comp though.. but back on topic... anyone?
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Its a wee bit outdated by todays standards but as u say its pretty cheap, so i guess its dependant on what u already got in ure machine, remember celeron is like a cut down P4 and the ati 9200 altho its a good card its getting pretty old now, 512 mem is a little on the low side but can always be added at a later date

Again i go back to what i said earlier about comparing it to what u already got :roll:
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

It's ok for the price I suppose, but 9200SE is a bit sucky IMO, Celeron D isn't horrible, but a bit outdated. Could do with more RAM. What is your current machine?
toblerone

Post by toblerone »

Meh, I don't think it's worth it imo, it's too outdated for what they are asking in terms of price, maybe $200 would be more fair. Besides, you can get a much nicer computer for free for $200 more than that one :)
P - U - N - X tattooed on my knuckles
rip-e

Re: what do u think of this?

Post by rip-e »

N!ghtmAre wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/P4-2-93ghz-Gaming-C ... dZViewItem

any person who knows computers.. can you tell me how great this computer would be? it is relatively cheap.. i would consider buying it.. by what ive seen the specs arent bad.. anythings not bad compared to my comp though.. but back on topic... anyone?

Hi,
it's only for video games ? or for other application ?
For video games:
with ATI 9200SE i think it will be just for recent games. I think you don't have to hope to play recent games with 800*600 and all options...
512 Mo it's now the minimal. If you will use Windows XP as OS so buy 512 Mo again. Because XP use 256 Mo and for example HL² use 400 Mo, if i remenber.
HDD it's 8 Mo of cache ? it's preferable.
I don't know for the CPU and for the motherboard (for a motherboard: chips is important, dual channel, dual bios...).
Wait again for other advise from people.
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

ok well my comp sucks.. if youve noticed i dont really play ET much anymore.. sick of the lag and the sucky performance of my computer.. another downside.. i have no money.. $1200 for new wheels and tires for my car.. which my parents paid $800.. i paid $400.. so that drained me.. i didnt want to use anymore from the ol' bank account.. just wanted to use the money in my pocket
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

ohh well i dont think id buy it.. i dont think imma even buy a new ccpu.. kinda dont wanna waste my money... but then again i wanna play ET.. but i guess im not going to be playing anytime soon
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

ET does perform pretty badly, even on new hardware. <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font> cant even get 43fps stable or something ridiculous.
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

hmm, I dream of that much, lol. I'm usually in the teens, but sometimes in the 20s
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

i can get 43 stable, i cant get 125 stable anymore...

i can on cod easily tho
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

I can get 600fps+ on Quake3 at max settings/1600x1200. On ET I can just about get 333 stable at max settings, and 1024x768. Very big difference in performance. Granted ET levels have far more detail, but the FPS difference is too big to warrant the difference in detail. I'm sure there is some bad code in there, the performance is horrible. Although, I do get similar performance in RTCW to ET, so I don't know. But Quake3, RTCW, ET and CoD all use the same engine, so it's wierd that performance isn't consistant over each game.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

yea, its very very weird over here...
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
Franchize
French Cheese
French Cheese

Post by Franchize »

Dunno bro, its not a BAD deal, I mean your looking at $175 in value just for motherboard and processor. That particular celeron is actually a old pentium 4 that is renamed to celeron D so its a decent processor and one that is still currentyl used. With gaming, not such a good way to go. Im with everyone else tho... for $300 you can build up a much nicer more up to date system IMO. At least get an AMD 3200+ its about same price and much faster! One other pretty big thing the seller 'happens' not to mention is that the AGP video card slot on that particular motherboard is only 4X instead of 8X unless changes where made since last i checked. So the video card wouldn't unleash its full potential.

Keep lookin imo
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.

I want em real thick and juicy...
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

For about $500 you can get you a decent AMD 3400+ based pc. The Sis integrated graffics work fine for ET, trust :P I have an eMachine's AMD 2400+ with 512mb ram, 80 gig HD. I played RTCW and ET both with no problems at all. Only probs that did come up are due to it getting it's memory full now :(

For real, shop around a bit, even Best Buy :P, and you can find the tower alone for less than $500 probably. My whole desktop pc was $600 something after rebates :D And I bought it from Best Buy so I probably paid more than I should have :P (Circuit City beats anyone's local price)
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

i dont even think imma buy a new cpu.. i guess i wont spend the money... put it towards my car or sometin