Religious Discussion?

Talk about anything you like or don't like here about anything. Please Keep it Clean.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

:lol: Yeah Bell you need to read to see what all was said. :P

I've been told that before Bobo, but I only use tools, (and my LITTLE bit of knowlege) to help me get the point accross. I know some of the Word, but far from all of it. (can't rattle much of anything off the top of my head lol). BibleGateway.com is a great resource for quoting Scripture instead of typing it all lol. Plus they have just about every version you could dream of on there.

My heart is more for kids, like yourselves, which is why I help the youth. Also my wife got me stuck doin it way back when lol. Now she don't, and I do, lol.

Thanks for the comment though I appreciate it. And if God ever calls me to be a preacher, I'll tell my congregation that "Bobo told me I should preach." :D
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

God is the father the sun and the holy spirit. the father the sun and the holy spirit are one in the same. but not. what problem ppl are having is that they still think of god as a man. whe he isent if he wanted to be 3 ppl he can he can do what ever he wants to.

hommer simpson wrote:If god can do any thing can he make a burito so hot that he can not eat it?
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

and also x i dont think you can truly know all that is in the bible ppl can study it there entire life and not truly understand it all.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Yeh I know Bobo, I just feel I got a lot more learning to do, lol.

I have concidered doing some home courses through Columbia (or who ever it is) Bible College. :D Mainly just for myself, and learning some of the greek and Arabic stuff would help with teaching.

Right now it looks like:

ﺎﻨﺣﻮﻳ 1
1فِي الْبَدْءِ كَانَ الْكَلِمَةُ، وَالْكَلِمَةُ كَانَ عِنْدَ اللهِ. وَكَانَ الْكَلِمَةُ هُوَ اللهُ .

2هُوَ كَانَ فِي الْبَدْءِ عِنْدَ اللهِ.

3بِهِ تَكَوَّنَ كُلُّ شَيْءٍ، وَبِغَيْرِهِ لَمْ يَتَكَوَّنْ أَيُّ شَيْءٍ مِمَّا تَكَوَّنَ.

4فِيهِ كَانَتِ الْحَيَاةُ. وَالْحَيَاةُ هَذِهِ كَانَتِ نُورَ النَّاسِ.

5وَالنُّورُ يُضِيءُ فِي الظَّلاَمِ، وَالظَّلاَمُ لَمْ يُدْرِكْ النُّورَ

lol, that's John 1:1-5 in Arabic :P
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

<b>oh my gosh</b>, im so not gonna read all this!!!!
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Ahhh come on <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font>. I bet ya can't do it. No pics here huh? :D :lol:

Visit my MySpace page>>

hister

Post by hister »

MMMM, Let me see...so adam and eves offspring created the human population...call me old fashioned but surely that is what is known as incest... :?
Us brits we like a cuppa tea
But mess wid me u r H!stery !!
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

You're old fashioned! There I did it, you happy now?
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

lol yes it's thanks to incest that you are here mate. :D It was common practice in the Old Testament. They also used to have 100's of wives!

Visit my MySpace page>>

Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

yes, there some words i dunno :? , but i dont think this is a good subject neway.. this is discussed so many times!
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

The fact that nobody can actually determine the true meaning of all passages of the Bible is not really a problem. I don't think God expected mankind to be able to do something like that. Its each interpretation that has gave way to many different denominations on Christianity. For instance if your a baptist, if all is right with u and the Lordand u kill over u go straight to heaven. However and Adventist like me sees it as if u kill over, ur dead! You don't go to heaven until the 2nd coming of Christ. Now i know there is evidence to prove both cases true but i didn't look it up so u'll have to take my word on that 1.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

can i put cat amongst pigeons here and say i iz a non believer in any of it :?: however i am not gonna diss any of u who do believe, it's just not my thing, the bible is full of stories, but then jk rowling writes excellent books too :D

sorry guyz but just my tuppence worth, if u have found something in life u can believe in then i am plzd for u :D
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

at least ur not a hater about it.

and did it really ever say that adam and eve were the only ppl god created, cause if not theres another way for the world to get so populous and different (besides the fact of melanin keeping its darkness/lightness).
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

lol yes the Bible say that Adam and Eve were the only created ones, and the rest are offspring from them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them, and them, and them, and them, and them , and them, and them!

Visit my MySpace page>>

lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

Ok, X, I've said this before, but the bible (or at least my recollection of it) says that Cain married someone from a far off land...I say recollection because I don't have my bible handy to put the exact verse.

And mazza, a bit comical way to look at it:

If you're correct, then we both die and same happens,

If I'm right...well... :) But of course that shouldn't bother someone who doesn't believe, so it's a moot point.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

lol, no it really doesn't say "when" or "where" they were married. The only thing close is that after Cain killed Abel, and God was angry with him, he left "from God's sight" and went into the land of Nod, which is east of Eden (the land of Adam and Eve).

That's Genesis 4:16. The very next verse 17, says he lay with his wife and conceived Enoch, wich then : verse 18:To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad was the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael was the father of Methushael, and Methushael was the father of Lamech.

So what is not said, is WHEN Cain actually married. Was it before his leaving Edan or after he entered Nod?

For one, I'd say it doesn't matter. He was in walking distance of Eden, so he very well could have "laid with a sister." Now no, the Bible doesn't say anything about any women being born to Adam and Eve. But, we do know that at that time of age, women were not recognized as being "very important". Verse 17-22:
(above 17-18)
19 Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the other Zillah. 20 Adah gave birth to Jabal; he was the father of those who live in tents and raise livestock. 21 His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play the harp and flute. 22 Zillah also had a son, Tubal-Cain, who forged all kinds of tools out of [g] bronze and iron. Tubal-Cain's sister was Naamah.
Verse 22 is the very next time a woman is recognized is verse 22. Thsi 6 generations later! lol.

Now does this point to the "fact" that it was Cain that laid with a sister? No not exactly. But I believe literally, that God ONLY created Adam and Eve. All other decindants are from those 2 people. This is the belief and the tradition of the Christian church. Including John wesley the founder of the Methodist church :D

Visit my MySpace page>>

ks
Mouth of the South
Mouth of the South

Post by ks »

God religion blows, and thanks x for giving me recognition! SYCK!

cmon now, plz dont make <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> a religious clan :'(

we should be more like the athiest clan, or how ever you spell it

Actually, maybe i should make my own relgion, that woul dinclude not having a rilgion but celebrate all catholics holidays where i get <b>Shazbot</b> hahaha

(cant believe we have a damn religion thread =/)

Love,

(<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>)thE_dEv!l!
:/ :D :s :O :P
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

thats great that u feel that way but u dont have to be a hater about it.....
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

Well, to tell the truth, ks, this doesn't make us a "religous clan". In fact, I dont' think anyone made you even look here. I dunno if you even read the posts, but it started as a shout box thing, but it got big, so x put it here. If you don't care for religion, then you didn't need to click on the post. However, if you wanted to read it, and post your thoughts, you're welcome to, just like we're allowed to post any other thoughts on any other subject. Under your logic, we are a "football" clan because Spike Put a Thread about it under comedy.
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

we are also all pooophe@ds
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

lol K-Dawg. Ha you started it :p You posted "I hate religion" in the shout box, and replied that you'd grow up one day, lol. And it snowballed from there with other's replying about how we were created, and not coming from monkeys :D.

Anywho, I do want to ask you something, just to see if you have an "actual" answer.

Why do you "hate" religion and/or God? (give me a real answer please, I'd really like know if there is a real reason.)

ThanX bro :D

Visit my MySpace page>>

Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

f@tal wrote:we are also all pooophe@ds

THANK YOU SOMEONE AGREES :P ok i give up on this cuz people always have something bad to say about my comments not nameing any names PAT AND X! :P:P:P

and to tell you the truth its just to much dang reading
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

Squee wrote:

and to tell you the truth its just to much dang reading

THANK YOU SOMEONE AGREES!!
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

And mazza, a bit comical way to look at it:

If you're correct, then we both die and same happens,

If I'm right...well... But of course that shouldn't bother someone who doesn't believe, so it's a moot point.
don't matter who's right or wrong tbh, u have found something u believe in and i am happy for u, i don't wanna go to heaven anyway, i won't know anyone there :D cept for maybe u :D

But where does it say in the bible that i need to b a worshipper to go to heaven when i die? are the requirements not that I have repented my sins, am a good person and all that kind of stuff? ah well guess i getting closer to hell each day :D
Belleraphon
Voted 4 Ralph Nader
Voted 4 Ralph Nader

Post by Belleraphon »

well Maz what I learn is you do have to be a "worshipper". You have to be baptized, married and sealed in the temple and have taken out endowments in the temple and you have to lead a righteous life inoder to attain the highest degree of glory in heaven