Po0PhE@dS Revisited

DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

thrice owns all rap :twisted: i don tliek rap.. i would listen to a few songs.. although i dont listen to country i dont mind it.. it doesnt bother me.. but i see lack of talent in rap music.. i feel it takes more to be in a band.. playing instruments and what not.. thats just my opinion
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

^^ definitely! Rap takes only the talent a usual song writer can use. Then they use electronics and sampling to make the rest of the music.

But there are SOME that us real instruments. I have a few, and Beastie did back in da day.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

yeah.. basically they have songwriting.. if they even write there own songs.. but mostly the songs are about themselves.. and how great they think they are.. i cant stadn that either.. most there songs bout girls, cars, money..
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

so then X, u could talk into a mic with some lyrics and it could sound good? in that case i should be able to scream into a mic and u would love it?
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Dint say I could :P. I said it's the same as "usual songwriting" which it is. Delivery is another thing no doubt. For you to be able to "scream" into a mic as you say and it be good, you'd better have some dang good musicians backing you up. And in most cases, you'd better be able to play an instrument yourself, cuz not too many bands are gonna just let a singer walk up and join without bringing something real in with them.

Read the lyrics of a rap song, and then read the lyrics of one of "my" band's songs and you tell me who has real talent. Have you read many rap lyrics, or just listened to them? Read the lyrics for "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas.
What you gon’ do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps. (Check it out)

I drive these brothers crazy,
I do it on the daily,
They treat me really nicely,
They buy me all these ice-ys.
Dolce & Gabbana,
Fendi and then Donna
Karan, they be sharin’
All their money got me wearin' fly
But I ain’t askin,
They say they love my <b>@$$</b> ‘n,
Seven Jeans, True Religion's,
I say no, but they keep givin’
So I keep on takin’
And no I ain’t taken
We can keep on datin’
I keep on demonstrating.

My love, my love, my love, my love
You love my lady lumps,
My hump, my hump, my hump,
My humps they got u,
She’s got me spending.
(Oh) Spendin’ all your money on me and spending time on me.
She’s got me spendin’.
(Oh) Spendin' all your money on me, up on me, on me

All that junk inside that trunk?
I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
What u gon’ do with all that <b>@$$</b>?
All that <b>@$$</b> inside them jeans?
I’m a make, make, make, make you scream
Make u scream, make you scream.
Cos of my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps. (Check it out)

I met a girl down at the disco.
She said hey, hey, hey yea let’s go.
I could be your baby, you can be my honey
Lets spend time not money.
I mix your milk wit my cocoa puff,
Milky, milky cocoa,
Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight.

They say I’m really sexy,
The boys they wanna sex me.
They always standing next to me,
Always dancing next to me,
Tryin’ a feel my hump, hump.
Lookin’ at my lump, lump.
U can look but you can’t touch it,
If you touch it I'ma start some drama,
You don’t want no drama,
No, no drama, no, no, no, no drama
So don’t pull on my hand boy,
You ain’t my man, boy,
I’m just tryn’a dance boy,
And move my hump.

My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My lovely lady lumps [x3]
In the back and in the front.
My lovin’ got u,
She’s got me spendin’.
(Oh) Spendin’ all your money on me and spending time on me.
She’s got me spendin’.
(Oh) Spendin' all your money on me, up on me, on me.

I’ma get, get, get, get you drunk,
What you gon’ do with all that <b>@$$</b>?
All that <b>@$$</b> inside them jeans?
I’ma make, make, make, make you scream
Make you scream, make you scream.
What you gon do with all that junk?
I’ma get, get, get, get you drunk,
Get you love drunk off this hump.
What you gon’ do wit all that breast?
All that breast inside that shirt?
I’ma make, make, make, make you work
Make you work, work, make you work.
She’s got me spendin’.
Spendin all your money on me and spendin’ time on me
She’s got me spendin’.
Spendin' all your money on me, up on me, on me.
Rappers use a lot of "fillers" or "words" that aren't really words. This one doesn't have much in it, but I've read many others from some of today's biggest, and they use them alot. Why? Cuz they couldn't make their line "rhyme" so they made up a word that would rhyme.

Now, this is a song I like due to the beat and the bass in it. But other than that is it really good song writing? I'd have to say not. Does it really say much of any importance? I'd say not. Is it fun, well yeah. Would it pass an english test? lol nope. Did it really take talent to create the song? Sure, some. How's the music made? Was it written? Was it actually played? Highly doubt any of that happened.

And then read the lyrics of one of my "screamer" bands, (really one of the hardest bands out there):
Artist: Sinai Beach
Album: Immersed
Song: To The Church

As you laugh, someone cries.
As you live, somebody dies.
One will fall but another will rise.
Someone loves, someone hates.
And as you ascend into Heaven,
Others pass through Hell's gates.

And let us not lose compassion
For those who have yet to be pardoned.

May we not forget our fellow man.
Mourn with those who mourn,
And rejoice with the joyous.
May we not forget our past,
So if grace was ever given,
We would be the first to give it.

And I know, by the grace of God, I roam,
And I'll stand before Him naked and alone.
And so will we all when death comes to take us home.

The world is ours to take, so let's take it.
If the world is man's, it is what he makes it.

And I know, by the grace of God, I roam,
And I'll stand before Him naked and alone.
And so will we all when death comes to take us home.
Full sentences, lol. Yet, yes most of them actually rhyme which is unusual for my kind of music. And they MAKE their own music, not sample, no drum machines, all talent.

Sorry, and I hate to sound racist cuz I not in anyway. But my thoughts on rap, as an older person now :P, I feel is just an easy way to get out of the ghetto. Really, what else is it? Expression? O.k. I'll give you that, but what is it about expressing "how you came up in da ghetto" that we haven't heard already? Most rap is nothing more than talk about sex, drugs, gang banging, beatin someone down, "I'm the man and your not" b.s..

Tupac. "THE GREATEST RAPPER IN THE WORLD"...blah blah blah. Yeah he had a FEW good positive songs. But for the most part what did he rap about? Gang bangin. Shootin someone. And how much money he was making himself. He got what he sang about! He got his money, he got his gang, and he got shot and killed.

I used to listen to all the "Booty" music :P Anything with a Miami style bass kick to it, and talked about nothing but watchin big ole booties. Was it talent that created such music? Heck no, it was just words put to a fast bass beat. I don't think making a song about somebody's booty, or getting some booty really takes talent. Nor does rapping about gang banging or making money. Once you've heard one's lyrics like this, you've honestly heard them all. There is no real originality.

For me, I honeslty think Eminem is the most talented rapper of all time. While I don't like a lot of what he rapped about, he's a dang good story teller, and didn't use much if any "filler words" to make his stuff rhyme. Was he an instrumentalist? nope. Did he have musical talent? With his delivery only.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

ok x thats cheating u picked a stupidass song to represent rap....and thats not really even rap. and they dont make up words, u just dont know what they mean, ur not in highschool. :P

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Nah back in my day, no they didn't make up words....they used every word in the book lol. I was a huge fan of Too Live Crew lol, even saw them in concert. And if you don't know who they are, they were only the first rap group to ever be banned from coming into a county, (Broward County, FL), due to their lyrics. So then they made a nice lil ditty called "F*** Martinez", the governor of FL at that time.

Hehe sorry I wasn't trying to find the worst example, just one I could think of off my head, and that I actually kinda liked myself.

And I know slang dummy, that's not what I'm talking about. I've even seen them on MTV talking about using "half words, or not real words" as in what they called "filler" words. I wish I could think of an example to put here for ya, but I'm old and the mind just doesn't work the way it used to :P

Visit my MySpace page>>

SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

You were Doo Doo Brown fan lol. Idk X, there was a lot of word making up going on. Ever hear of the Beastie Boys? What about Dos Effects?

"Yo Hickory-Dickory-Dock I'm under the Brooklyn Block"

They did make up words, just they all got away with it back then, it was expected. Btw when I return home (Sunday Night) I will be putting up our new website theme song on the homepage.

Youg Black Teenagers "Tap the Bottle, Twist the Cap"
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Lol YBT used to me one of my favs wit the ole "Twist the Cap" jam!

And no, I hated the song "Doo Doo Brown". One of their worst.

Visit my MySpace page>>

DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

why dont we get a real song on the homepage =P
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Why don't we get real members in <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>? BURNED!!!
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

.....yeah that was a good one coffey.

SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

shut up andy :P have you forgotten? you have no friends here!

If your wondering about the color its because I've been craving some key-lime pie again. Mmmm...piiiieee!
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Yo N!ght bro, guess what! I saw the As I Lay Dying tour last night! It freakin rocked! The tour included, A Life Once Lost (non-Christian), Madball, Norma Jean, and then AILD to end it. And <b>oh my gosh</b> Jordan did like 5 minute drum solo with to REAL double kick basses, it was FREAKIN AWESOME! (most bands these days use a "cheater" double bass pedal for those that don't know).

Madball was pretty good too. They've got a better "party" sound to them. And Norma Jean tour it up after Madball. NJ was loud. But dude AILD did like 10 songs!

The show was in a little club here called The Tremont which is a very small venue holding only about 1000 people all within 50ft of the stage. It was so crowded me and my buddy were kinda in a corner trying to keep the moshers off us.

Speaking of moshing, these people were idiots. They were flailing their arms and feet every where. I know of 2 guys that got their noses busted and had to stand there with a bag of ice on their face for more than half the show lol. All that was just in the pit in front of us, and there were 2 others going on at the same time.

Anywho, if ya get a chance to catch them near you, DO IT! It was well worth the 30 minute wait in 40 degree temps and mist to get in and jam.
Sun. November 27 Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hal w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Mon. November 28 Norfolk, VA @ Norva w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Tue. November 29 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Thur. December 1 Latham, NY @ Saratoga Winners w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Fri. December 2 Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero w/Norma Jean, Sworn Enemy, & A Life Once Lost

Sat. December 3 Buffalo, NY @ Sphere w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Mon. December 5 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Tue. December 6 Cleveland, OH @ The Odeon w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Wed. December 7 Detroit, MI @ Clutch Cargo's w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Thu. December 8 Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Fri. December 9 Sauget, IL @ Pops w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Sat. December 10 Chicago, IL @ House of Blues w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Sun. December 11 Minneapolis, MN @ The Quest Club w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Tue. December 13 Denver, CO @ Aztlan Theatre w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Wed. December 14 Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Fri. December 16 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon w/Norma Jean, A Life Once Lost, & Inked in Blood

Sat. December 17 Portland, OR @ Loveland w/Norma Jean, A Life Once Lost, & Inked in Blood

Sun. December 18 San Francisco, CA @ Slims w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Mon. December 19 Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Tues. December 20 Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost

Wed. December 21 Hollywood, CA @ The Avalon w/Norma Jean, Madball, & A Life Once Lost
Last edited by SPiKed X on Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit my MySpace page>>

DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

ahh man theyre not comin to nj anytime soon =/.. id wanna see jordan do that drum solo.. just from the songs i d/l hes awesome.. i gota look out for that.. ill make sure if they comin to NJ.. ill have to go.. and the moshpits, there pretty crazy.. when i was at the dropkick murphys show they were crazy.. i got into one but got hit in the face and knocked on the ground :roll: .. so i was done for the night... stood to the side after that, but there was this huge guy, with all these teenagers.. just swingin away.. loool but its all good fun
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

I talked to my friend Kev from Yo Mamas Big Fat Booty Band. They are getting ready to make their northern route and after that they will not be leaving Ash-Town til March. Nightmare I suggest you check them out cause I know they are stopping in NJ, I'll find out when and where for ya if you like. Its the best $10 u'll ever spend! I've seen them perform 5 times now and get in free to their concerts, and everyone is better then the last. Did I mention they always attract a lot of hot women to their concerts?
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

wait the name of them is yo mamas big fat booty band??? lol.. umm.. what kind of music is it.. never heard of em
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

was looking round on the internet and found this for sale on ebay all i can say is wow The Emancipation Proclamation SIGNED by Abraham Lincoln
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

<b>what the heck</b> i dont believe that.. 1,5oo,ooo thtas a lot of money though
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

wow, thats in really good condition.... wonder if some museum will fork over the money for it

SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

i'm gonna bid. actually night i thought it would be in the billions, thats a very important piece of history.
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

if you read it is not the actual document. after he wrote it he had 20 or so coppys made that he signed and sold to ppl this is one of them.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Oh nvm then. I guess i won't bid.

Anyways back to rap, the new theme song is on the homepage. 'Tap the Bottle' performed by the group 'Young Black Teenagers'. Interesting fact, none of them are actually black and only 1 of them was a teenager when the song came out.

Another interesting fact, the person singing the backup blues part on the Kanye West song 'Gold Digger' is actually the actor Jamie Foxx.

Did u know the rock song that was at the begining of the Zelda game before last for game cube was performed by System of a Down?

There u all learned something musical today.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

OH! my brain hurts soooo bad now due to soaking up such great knowledge you've dropped on us oh mighty one...please wait till tomorrow to punish us more. :P

X

Visit my MySpace page>>

SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

It just goes to show u can teach an old dog new tricks, but u can't teach him to stop eating his own <b>Shazbot</b> or dragging his <b>@$$</b> across the carpet.