First Lady

Post by Squee »

hahahaa thats sucks...lol
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

I remember snakey being a huge mortar user back when he was in <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b>. I never really got the hang of mortar myself either. I could use it if I tried, but it'd take me a long time to get a good target.
Belleraphon
Voted 4 Ralph Nader
Voted 4 Ralph Nader

Post by Belleraphon »

LOl It's really not that hard... I can be pretty good with it on maps that have good spots, like on thew radar one you just fire on the allies side of the main gate and almost always get someone, and on the Seawall Battery its simplicity itself to just launch mortars A) Into the forward bunker from the right spot or just up off the beach and you almost always get one of those axis.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

^^ nooby spots :P

I'll show you how to mortar one day :D
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

show me show me!!!
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
Belleraphon
Voted 4 Ralph Nader
Voted 4 Ralph Nader

Post by Belleraphon »

LOl I don't see how they can be nooby spots if your killling 2 most every shot and atleast 1 everytime. I mean if your gonna say something like, Oh on Oasis just shoot right infront of the wall or on Goldrush just shoot right in the little plaza or in Goldrush just shoot right infront of that little hallway thing where the axis pop up near the contruction of Tank barrier 2. You probably wouldn't say those ones though, because yes you get 3 or 4 everytime, but its also the worst way to play the game.
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

hahaha...i HATE mortars can't see the fun of using it :lol:
Laugh Warrior

Snakebite

Post by Snakebite »

Mortar is sometimes the only way to break a bad SK :P

And on our server.. Recharge is SET too slow for most Mortar Campers... I like using it tho.. Still.. But not as often.. .WE have weeded out the true idiots for the most part.. And rarely have SK for more than a min or two.. Maybe seconds if "Hitler"is on. I mean if I'm on..

I'm growing to be well respected on the server in the early hours.. Many people dont break the rules.. And when they do.. They apologise profusely, and don't repeat offend..

Ah yes.. Back to the m0px comment about me on <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server.. Best ratio on map was 109 kills 4 deaths with mortar. 78 with mortar 31 with mp40. So hard to find an ammo feed..
If it moves shoot it..
Live hard. Die Young.. Leave a good looking corpse..

SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

That'd be the worst thing on our server right now, lol, no one to feed ammo for a mortar :( I had 2 fo's run right past me yesterday while I was calling for ammo. Went through 3 spawn periods and never got any :( And yeah, I thought it was a slower recharge than usual :( We were gettin owned and so to break the ownage I went to mortar and helped us finally move the tank from where it had been for 10+ minutes.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

LOL same thing happened to me :) Although, with the mortar, I found this on another server:

On Seawall Battery, after the back door is blown, a mortar is very useful if you sit at the bottom of the ramp and fire when you see an allie, almost a guarantee kill every time. I got to level 4 soldier in just doing that, it was halarious!
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

At the bottom of the track ramp, pat? How the hell do you do that without it hitting the ceiling and you+your teammates being blown into oblivion? :P
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

lol that is crazy. I remember someone else one time finding a good place inside to use mortar, just can't remember where :P

Visit my MySpace page>>

Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

lumberpat wrote:LOL same thing happened to me :) Although, with the mortar, I found this on another server:

On Seawall Battery, after the back door is blown, a mortar is very useful if you sit at the bottom of the ramp and fire when you see an allie, almost a guarantee kill every time. I got to level 4 soldier in just doing that, it was halarious!

I was on the receiving end of someone using mortar like this and it was very effective, friend of mine used to use it as axis on Oasis before the city was taken and fire it straight into the allied cp like a panzer from back near the flag and again very effective apparently!
Belleraphon
Voted 4 Ralph Nader
Voted 4 Ralph Nader

Post by Belleraphon »

Wow those are 2 clever things. The only other inside mortar I know is on Seawall Battery where you fire into the forward bunker but I don't find that ever very effective. I only get like 1 kill at a time
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

I'm afraid I'll never be able to get that mortar down right. I was doing pretty good when I just guess-timated it but that was a while back and only on one stage. I did find the map a bit useful but I ended up running out of rounds! Oh noes!

I'll just stick to learning the panzerpussy and the flamethrower for now. :twisted: Well, learning now to not kill myself or my team mates at least... /angelface
Snakebite

Post by Snakebite »

Track ramp base is SOOO MUCH FUN.... Nobody expects a 60mm round up their nose...
If it moves shoot it..
Live hard. Die Young.. Leave a good looking corpse..

-=Squirrels=-

Post by -=Squirrels=- »

try using the +mapexpand bind to a key of your choice, you can fire and have the map up at the same time, allows you to point the mortar, second quick tip always fire the first round at 70 +/- 2 hits just about everything,

oh and boohoo, i am now ranked in 52% on csports, all that hard work gone, LOL
¬ //
(o o)
--U--

What Squirrels
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

about mortars, i know how to use em, i can shoot where i want (eventually :p) but i hardly get a kill cause of bad timing, how u guys know "when" to fire????? :/

go go rambo med!!! :P :roll:

Post by Guest »

well if you have the respawntime your timing will be a way better then :p

some hints could also be the guys in your fireteam. if they die you know that you can kill some others with a bit of luck.