Hello from McSteve

Discuss the game itself here.
McSteve

Hello from McSteve

Post by McSteve »

Hi guys, been playing on your server recently and quite liking it.

Tonight though, I was playing allies on oasis and whilst running through axis garrison spawn, I shot [<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]Enemy in the face with a pistol and killed him. He promptly kicked me. I think that was a bit out of order tbh. Fair enough spawn arty, heavy weapons etc, kick 'em. But a pistol?

Ok, that's me two bits. Later chaps.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Sorry you were kicked for that, but I guess it depends on the admin's "day" lol, (how he's feelin :P)

Anywho glad you enjoy the server otherwise, and glad to have you here at our forums letting us know you like the server.

Shall being seeing ya on there sometime,

L8r,

<font color=red><b>X</font></b>
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
Belleraphon
Voted 4 Ralph Nader
Voted 4 Ralph Nader

Post by Belleraphon »

I dont see anything un reasonable about it. You are running through the spawn so if you get shot at deal with it. I'd be pissed if someone ran up and SKed me. I mean if you shot him in the face with a pistol did it take more than one shot? If so I'd kick you too because he obviously wasn't there to give you time to kill him with a pistol in his own spawn so its just useless SK
toblerone

Post by toblerone »

True, he might have been afk, and didn't realize that it wasn't a blatant sk
P - U - N - X tattooed on my knuckles
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

I played with McSteve quite a bit and I gotta say he's a good honest player and not a SKer, but I think X is right in the fact that Enemy could have put up with a lot of crap to that point and yours was the final straw. Stick with the server though mate it's not something that happens all the time and I think it's great that 'SK' and '/kill infight' rules are strictly adhered to, lets face it, thats a big part in what makes the server so good.

Post by Guest »

McSteve was allies (who where being spawn killed with arty in centre of courtyard) after wall had been blown.

I started as axis but changed to allies when allies where held for too long.

McSteve is nearly the first to change if one side is too strong ( even when asked not to on comms, can't chat then!! )

After this incident server dropped to 3 peeps, then slowly recoverd to 15 an hour later.

I always demo in case of things like this, and here it is.

http://www.zen64210.zen.co.uk/demos/200 ... asis.dm_84

The server is popular, so poss a member of spikage or <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> on each side will help, as allies and axis had to put up with spawn arty (lower heavy weapons settings, set maximum panzer,noobnader,fops??)

You have a popular server in a short space of time, best get some server settings done to keep it popular.
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

McSteve hax when he got the pistol in his hand btw :P

Spawnkilling of any sort, on any server gotta b closely monitored cos there's a very fine line between spawn camping and taking the run thru.

ie. in oasis u always get ppl camped in spawn, does this make them immortal as u are not allowed to shoot them :?: As far as i see, anyone who's camped in spawn therefore makes the spawn fightable

ie: in goldrush, u always get the axis fo, who runs out of spawn, does an FFE and runs and hides back in spawn until his charge is complete and can do another FFE, again i feel behaviour like this makes spawns fightable, but alas still pretty lame to take them out with heavy weapons and arty.

TBH guys steve is a good lad but don't tell him i said so :P

And u guys are cool dudes too, but where spawnkilling rules come into effect ure always gonna have little debates about things like this.

I personally feel on evermore, that spawnkilling with light weapons is fine, as long as there's no spawncamping, as u do have ure invulnerability set, however some of my clan m8s from across the puddle disagree because of their ping or sommet, they said sommet about the invulnerabilty being gone by the time they actually spawn or sommet like that :roll:

Anyway nuff of me rambling on, maybe u guys should talk amongst ureselves and decide, and advertise EXACTLY what is, and what is not allowed, and i wish u luck doing it :P cos this is an age long debate that will continue as long as there are ET servers :wink:
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

yeah i was in evermore this week and i saw the command map.. it was nice because u actualy could see where u can kill with heavy weapons i liked it
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

Wimpeh wrote:yeah i was in evermore this week and i saw the command map.. it was nice because u actualy could see where u can kill with heavy weapons i liked it
QFT! We need command maps like that, no more arguing over what is sk and what isn't, you can just look at the map and it tells you.
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

as ive already said to mcsteve on our forums, regardless of whether enemy was having a bad day or not 2 warnings then a kick IS the rules , i will be speaking to enemy personally and finding out exactly what has gone on
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Np m8. I just try to stay neutral being as how I wasn't there :D
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

McSteve

Post by McSteve »

Please see below for my post on [<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>] forum, which I thought I should copy here too.
Heh, fair play man. I really didnt want to offend anyone with the post, and I hate that my first post on your forums was a little complaint. Truth be told, I just got kicked, was a little bitter and so had a bit of a whine.

Dont think for a second that it will put me off coming back. One of the reasons I like Midnight Spikage is because it attracts decent players of a good nature, and it is very well adminned (adminned is sooo not a word, but never mind). As I said, I was just a little frustrated because I was on the server with 4 of my mates and was having some really enjoyable games.

Really didn't mean to badmouth [<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]Enemy, different refs have different tolerance levels. He (or she, dunno tbh ;) ) is a decent player and looking back at the demo it seems like i killed him whilst he was typing a warning to Axis to stop sk'ing Allies at the old city.

So no hard feelings, I hope that I'm welcome back and if so, see you soon!

McSteve

NB: post copied to <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> forums.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

WOW now that's a real man lol. Someone that can admit when they may have wronged another and then go and apollogize and let it be known there's no hard feelings, and still be able to compliment on how the server is run.

Really bro, nice job, great attitude and we really appreciate it. Can't wait to run into ya on the server.

Cya,

X

Visit my MySpace page>>