my keyboard has its own life

Discuss the game itself here.
Rod
Partners in Crime

my keyboard has its own life

Post by Rod »

hi there,

after i started with et some months ago, i always hat the problem that my key 1 was working without using it. i mean, i had the melee on it and during an infight, i had the knife instead of my thomson. so i changed the keys and placed "activate" on key 1. here i couldn t move left and right then, just leaning. i tried serveral other bindings for key 1 and always the same. so i built a cfg without using key 1. after a while i tried it again and my problem was gone. worked out fine till yesterday. now i ve the same problem with key 1 again. i was covert and after i killed somebody i saw that the 1 key was working and grabbed the uni without pressing it -.-

i haven t changed my cfg since a while, was playing on the <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server yesterday and all was fine. in the evening i went for some action on spikage and the pain started...

the problem is not the keyboard, key 1 works fine during chatting, only if i press it. i searched on serveral german boards for a solution but couldn t find one :?
if you can t use the knife, stay out of the kitchen
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

what does it say when u type; /bind 1 in console?

and do you want that the 1 key does?
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
Rod
Partners in Crime

Post by Rod »

bind 1 "+activate"

and the key is randomly working. you can t see it in the console when its on. checked my cfg again, deleted the profiles and still the same <b>Shazbot</b> :roll:

finally the fps are constant again but with that bug its no fun to play et online when i ve sort the buttons new cause i can t use button 1 :?

[edit] tested a lil around on our server and it takes exact 1 min before the key is active again...
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

/bind 1 +activate
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
Rod
Partners in Crime

Post by Rod »

makes no difference as it seems. after 1 min i began leaning with a & d again then. i also switched active + leaning in et pro options off. the keys is working anyway...

:shock:
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

i heard somewhere that there is a bug when using the #1 as a bind, some ppl get it and some ppl don't, so therefore best not to bind 1 to anything
Rod
Partners in Crime

Post by Rod »

kk thx for the hint.