Rules

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Rules

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

request :: <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> and <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> admins to get together on vent when we have some time and everyone can make it together
so we can get a basic set of rules written up for the server , personally i am tired of the arguments about what is what and would appreciate some input

if any of you guys feel there is anything constructive you can add please feel free to post here , or you can pm me with your suggestions ... i will be posting this on both forums

could all the admins please pm me with times that would be best for a meeting on vent plz
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

this is why i luv you as an admin mate cheers!
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

ok, i think going thru the rules with all admins is a great idea... but on vent? im a ref on the server and i cant speak english properly cant we do it in irc?
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

Agreed this is a good idea but can we not just do it here?

I had a difference of opinion with f@tal earlier, Is it ok to aim mg directly into axis spawn exit on goldrush? I thought no, as it goes right into the corridor but he said it was ok cos there's more than one exit. I assume this is the sort of thing you mean?

It is damn annoying when you tell someone not to sk and they come back with "thats not sk" Problem is, if another admin has said it's ok then it looks a bit bad on us.
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

the problem with doing it here.. is others can talk.. not just admins... unless they make a private room for just them.. which is complicated.. and time consuming
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

:idea:

a passworded irc channel :X
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

i think though if u have a difference in opinion on that u should keep it in a pm so the person guilty of it doesnt get wind of the disagreement
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
MoW

Post by MoW »

nowt to do with me but as a player on ur server an a friend to the clan :) id say u might aswell get all the disagrrements owt and kno every1s opinion,dont pm it coz that can cause probs within itself,the axis spawn thing has always been an issue,some servers its ok so every1 prob does it on every server,take 1944 battlefields server,they dont tolerate it at all,i got kicked and banned coz he sed i was sk but he put me spec to tell me which i thought was ott,but i sed he was jus on a power trip and no need to do that lol,end of day ur always gonna get probs with that as theres 3 exits so if ya make it no sk at all ya need every1 to b consistent in the way they deal the punishment lol
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

MoW wrote:nowt to do with me but as a player on ur server an a friend to the clan :) id say u might aswell get all the disagrrements owt and kno every1s opinion,dont pm it coz that can cause probs within itself,the axis spawn thing has always been an issue,some servers its ok so every1 prob does it on every server,take 1944 battlefields server,they dont tolerate it at all,i got kicked and banned coz he sed i was sk but he put me spec to tell me which i thought was ott,but i sed he was jus on a power trip and no need to do that lol,end of day ur always gonna get probs with that as theres 3 exits so if ya make it no sk at all ya need every1 to b consistent in the way they deal the punishment lol
trollish to me.
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

i think you guys misunderstood what i mean , probably my fault for writing it in such a crap way

idea is

everyone who has a veiw on rules should post HERE
after a certain period of time when we have enough peoples points of view
the admin will get together on vent and write up a final draft , personally im not gonna sit there typing one thing in a irc channel then sit there typing the same junk in the rules write up , thats the reason i was calling for vent so it can be properly discussed
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

Ok.... the MG at the axis spawn exit on radar, its ok to arty right? But we havent decided if its ok to MG?
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

seems its only me n fatal who have any interest in this subject , it doesnt matter where it gets done as long as it does , so if you have any ideas on any rules speak now or if rules get written up that u disagree with then it will be your own fault
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

Axis over the bridge on Fuel Dump. We've all been on both sides, it's hella annoying if you are Allies tries to get up there. It's bad enough with arty and snipers.

Or what about Axis arty on the beach when you try to blow the gun controls? Axis already has the advantage, but that's just overkill.

As for the camping spawn exits, I don't know what to say about that. I would say it's no big deal if there is more than one exit, but what if ALL the exits are being camped? You more or less get raped until the Allies get what they want. I personally say keep it out of the exits, but how do you draw the line between cutting out strategy and making the game suck for the other team?
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

ok how about mortars in spawn even tho its not spawn time... i think it should be not allowed

a couple of us axis were in our spawn defending from the allies to get thru.. and some person mortared us.. we were still in their... its still our spawn i dont think this should be allowed

Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

These are some questions I have, plus some of my opinions on the matters:

1) I would like to know if someone killing in spawn is ever acceptable, axis came into spawn on radar earlier but most people thought it was justified as the parts were in there. I personally dont think so, lets face it, if allies keep them in there, then axis win, they gotta come out sometime, so axis should wait.
Also in general i think if a cov ops is going into a spawn area ie. on goldy to get cp, then thats fine, or even engie. I also think a medic could accompany them to keep them alive while they destroy the cp. However I don't see any need for medics or any other class to go in alone.

2) In Oasis, are axis allowed to arty past the cave/cp corridor into the area near the waterpump and if so how far round towards spawn are they permitted to do so? (In allies first spawn, before the city has been taken)

3) Again with the mg into spawn exit on Goldy as the above posts.

4) How much of the beach is out of bounds on battery. If somebody is blown onto the beach, which actually happens a fair bit, I guess they're allowed to put up a scrap and die fighting as they cant really /kill and they didn't intentionally go there.

We really need everyone to come up with their personal queries so they can all get ironed out. And by queries I don't mean gobbo. :D
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

How about in goldrush the mg sitting on top of the steps facing axis spawn(in the court yard)
and the one that changes after the tank is pased a certain area.. so wha if there is 2 doors its still the spawn area...

Beach.. are artys allowed on the beach or just not near spawn??.. what if somone put an arty on the ramp to blow it... is that allowed... or must it be a covert/eng to blow it?

lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

Well, just let me know when there is a final draft so I can read it :)
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

Squee wrote:ok how about mortars in spawn even tho its not spawn time... i think it should be not allowed

a couple of us axis were in our spawn defending from the allies to get thru.. and some person mortared us.. we were still in their... its still our spawn i dont think this should be allowed
I don't think ANYthing should be in ANY spawn at ANY time. How hard is it for the players not to understand spawnkilling. My definition of that is killing anything in the spawn area at any time. The only exception is the Bank when Allies run through, they should only fire if fired upon. But I hate making exceptions like that because they get so sticky.

Hope this is what you meant Screamer, looks like the ball is rolling! ;)
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

and when we say no camping allowed it can be a bit confuse, cause for instance in radar, many times we have arty near the truck (when allies don't even have the radar parts yet) and players say that spawn have 3 exits what is true....so should it be allowed or not?

oasis:no nades and heavy weapons allowed behind the wall breach or just no heavy wepons?

i agree that we have to make rules of course, but at the same time i think they can't be too much restrictive or else we will have a really hard work on there to make players understand the server rules...well we already have :roll:
Laugh Warrior

gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

damn just wrote an ace long winded reply and my onnection got reset :P
question who is still in favour of a partial anti spawn camping rule
who is ion favour of a draconian no spawn kill at all no spawn camp at all rule
who is on favour of no anti spawn camp rule

Also i cant help but notice evy one is on spawn kill /camping rule but no other areas adressed eg :
Balancing teams .. ref / clan players being on each team if more than 1 on .
shuffling .. when and where
Spawncamping can only occur when 1 team is more dominant than the other .... it is why we put a set of principles into it in the first place
INput would be good :P
Cheers
Gobbo
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

ok gobbo sir :P ...you want "clear" opinions so let me try hmmm :

-No spawnkilling (btw it is possible to limit the spawn area, in a visible way to all the players?)

-not so sure about camping...well i think it could be allowed but not too near of spawn areas

-unbalanced teams well if we ask players to even teams they usualy do it..but if they don't we could pick the last player(s) that have joined... and lock the teams for a bit cause that way they can't swap teams

-i think the ref/admin work would be more easier if each team could have 1 ref/ admin (when possible, of course)

-about shuffle i think it only should be donne at the beggining of each map

clear enought, amigo gobbo? :roll: :D
Laugh Warrior

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

ok im going to sit down with some of the other admins and write a set of rules up based on the suggestions in this topic
if anyone doesnt like any of them then to be honest its just plain tuff , the topic has been here long enough for you to get your points across
MoW

Post by MoW »

i want sweeties! <b>oh my gosh</b> /cry lol............trouble is with spawncampin n killin u wont eradicate it fully but u can b consistent in adminin it,jus need every1 to do same.....battery - arty on beach,think we have a script on our server that doesnt allow it after the first is placed? cant rememba lol i dont usually play fd op