very serious

PuPPy

very serious

Post by PuPPy »

ok, the server is being annoyed by cheaters/spawnkillers/teamkillers etc.
YOU pay for the server, the server that is gettin' ruined,
YOUR clan has very nice, smart and good people who volenteer to be admin, with kick power (all we ask)
we can make the server a better place, especially when no other admins are around.
now tell me if this isn't fair:

<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> and <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> everybody admin, (not trials they should be giving it a bit after they turn member, if they r trusted )
now, those who pay, get more rights of course, they get a higher level ref,
those who CAN'T pay, get the basic powers to make the server a fun place for all, so no players will leave when the PAYERS wanna join in their awesome server (much better then to join a SK,TK,CHEATING server, or worse, and empty one)

when the paying admins r in the server, the non paying does NOTHING they advice and help the payers for making good choices wich rn't easy, but when no admin can be contacted (like it's been happening way to much imo) the member of SPOK or <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> can take control and order the server, nothing more!!! nothing less !!! the paying refs, have the ability to say: ur an crap admin, i take away your rights, if they don't use them the way it should... wich won't happen, (why whould we???)

why don't you trust your fello- mates with a simple "kick ability" if it's for the good of your server? you can trust us (well, you can trust me for that matter)

so, I now call for all the people that feel the same way i do, and there (should) be plenty, we are not mad at anyone, we r just tryin' to help, if we can discuss this like grown ups, we'll get really far and have a really really good server for all of us especially the paying ones...

hope you can understand my point of vieuw, and if you don't agree, don't be shy to tell, in an peaceful way, no shouting/cursing w/e :p

cheers, Tha PuP :?
Potty

Post by Potty »

I somewhat agree with most of what you say, Puppy. I have personally been on the server many times when there has been more or less riot, and no admin is available. I know I'm not alone of this experience, and at least I find it quite frustrating when the players complain and I can do practically nothing.

Or have I misunderstood the adminmod thing? As far as I know, I'm one of those regular-clanmembers-admins : P who can mute, unmute, warn and putspec, etc..

My proposition would be similar to yours Puppy. Let those members in <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> and <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> that are 'regularly' playing ET have the power to kick, except for the mute-, unmute- and putspec-stuff. If it shows up someone uses it in a bad way, it would just be to take his/her rights off, right?

I also know it's (at least sometimes) frustrating for both me, for example, and for an admin (that's not on the server) when I come to them on xfire or msn or w/e and go 'We need a ref on the server, could you come there and help us pls?'

I'm on your side in this matter Puppy, but I would love to hear as many opinions as possible in this question.

/ Jonas
King of Blekinge
AraGoth teh uber haxor!
The Wannabe Haxor!
The Wannabe Haxor!

Post by AraGoth teh uber haxor! »

Allthough im not a member ive descussed this with puppy on the server while 2 hackers ran riot for a good 30mins plus, I do feel that all <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> and <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> should have the power to kick, its really quite pointless warning a hacker, or muting them. It seems that word has gotten around about your server being subjected to constant "hackers" an recently is becoming "their" playground.

just my 2 cents!
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

dont they have putspec and shoutcaster allowence?
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

if we were to give all clan members kick powers ( which wont happen btw ) then what would be the point in the paying members payin , if there were no paying members there would be no server ! its as simple as that

a solution to this would be to make all FULL clan members from both clans have the ability to put someone spec then as <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font> says make the offender a shoutcaster , what this will do basically is leave the hacker stuck in spec :)
only clan members would be able to remove them from shoutcast , that way they will be sat there watching everyone have fun on the server they are trying to ruin and not being able to do a thing about it

also there are about 3 - 4 hours a day where i'm not around , im going to link the clan msn ( mid_clan@hotmail.co.uk ) to my mobile , so even when im not around i can still be got hold of , only takes a quick phonecall to one of the many refs to get on and deal with such things
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

btw, there was some guy from a cheat clan on the server yesterday ( [deF]' ) i pmed screamer but i had no reply back...

maybe screamer found it ok for him to play there and so do i, if they have hax dissabled but just dont let them play under [deF] ' since people might know its a cheat clan aswel and could give us a bad reputation....
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I like the shoutcaster idea since you don't want all clan members to have kick...which imo it's basically the same thing lol. In all honesty we have more people donating because they enjoy the server not because they feel the need for power :p Having the power somewhat gets on my nerves lol.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
Potty

Post by Potty »

The shoutcaster idea seems like a good option, imo. Better than just warn ppl, and still we lousy ones who dont pay :O ;) :P don't have ze maximum power
King of Blekinge
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Screamer does ure reg members have the ability to !warn ? If so u can set it to a 3 warn and then kick, i understand where ure coming from with the non contributary thing, but if a haxx0r is on u could set a 3 warn thing and just have it used for that :?:

I know when i was in [FuN] thats what we done for trusted regulars if there was no admin around and it went down really well, and those regs were more than happy to step back when admin were on, just an idea btw :wink:
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

see why dont boys think of clever stuff like that what a fabulous idea.... it can also be monitored in logs to c who did what re any attempts at abuse .. cheers mazza ..yes whimp def is a cheat clan but the defs on have not imo had or were using hax when i was around..point taken though ..i thought the def clan used non pb style cheats ? am iwrong eg they dont come on pb protected servers with hax on ? as for initial post re all clan getting kick option is too much ..

maybee all clan members should pay some form of subs and ref /admins who pay more now pay slightly more and have more powers....

if we want to xpand our community maybee all paying minimal subs is the way to go and we can fund a midnight spikage web site ? also some discussion re ghost making stroger links... eg s.m.g spiked midnight ghosties .... we will need to run a discussion on that also :P
I like the idea of all regulars having the ability to get rid of trouble cuasers thoguh but to many refs can spoil the pot maybee :P
cheers
<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> gobbo ...
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

they do use paid hax gobbo, and those hax are pbproof..
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

I like this, finally good discussion :) I really do understand ur point scream and i'm more then happy with the idea of making them spec and not able to join, that's all i'm asking for really :) we just want the best for the server and as they said, MS really get's the name of "cheaters heaven :/" and paying fellas don't want that, (ps could i get ur msn plz screamer :) )

cheers all :D
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

puppy ms is just like any other server, other servers have cheaters on it aswel...
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

If you want !kick, why not just donate? As Screamer said, if non-payers could get ref, there would be much less people motivated to donate, and without donations the server would die. Of course you can warn multiple times in an emergency (I've used it on cheaters once or twice when there weren't any admins around), but that shouldn't be used unless it's a true emergency (hackers rampaging the server).
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

this is true , all clan members have the ability to warn - 3 warnings = kick
so if ya type it in console all you have to do is press the up arrow hit enter 3 times

other than that i cant see any better solution , obviously when any refs or admins are on then they should be informed of any wrong doing and deal with it themselves as many warns would just clogg up the logs and make the genuine cases harder to track

we will work on a permanent solution when the server move has been done and we settle in properly
until then in emergencys use the triple warn
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

I know wimpeh I know, and ur right bout the donating thing...
i'll use the 3 warnings if it's really needed, if i can't find an admin , (wich i always search for in case of..) and if it's really messing up the game

thx for opinions and stuff, c ya on MS :)

Da PuP~
MoW

Post by MoW »

as a former member an friend to ya's and in bb we had the same probs with admins etc,no will ever b statisfied lol,but mazza idea is good,but allowin everymember to kick etc is bad idea imo,the shoutcster idea seems good coz then they'll leave most prob,but if they dont they'll b takin up a player slot,pros and cons to everything,and as i recall pup u kicked ppl jus for bein slightly abusive,fair enuff sometimes was ok but wanr first mayb 2 times max then kick? in ghostworks every member pays subs,to keep servers runnin in et and css.good idea then no1 is below anybody if ya kno wot i mean,think we contemplatin the admin mod feature,[*BB*] used to run it and was good very handy...but then this prob arises,wot lvl ppl shud get etc.if every1 paid the same amount then every1 gets same lvl...apart from ppl which set up server....prob solved.....but can every1 pay......?.... but hey this prob will prob go on foreva lol but i hope some of this makes sense to some ppl and in someway helps ???
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

paying subs will only work for those people that can afford it , and then u have the problem of waaaaay to many refs on the server
if everybody paid then everybody would want ref (i know i would if i was paying) , i think personally the clans work well the way they are
there is always enough money for the server and stuff so thats not an issue

all clan members get level 2 , protection from mute/kick votes , the ability to mute and warn people

donating members get level 3 , all the standard ref features

lvl 4 admins get same as 3 but the ability to ban
and the clan founders are currently on lvel 5 which allows the set level commands etc
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

and level one for boot campers and regulars to the server..
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Sorry Gobbo, just to clarify, we gave our trusted regs !warn, i was suggesting this for ure non paying members (btw guys just because someone doesn't donate, doesn't meant they don't want to, prolly means they can't financially) as i think it may be good for the server, just my suggestion so plz don't flame me :wink:
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

its fine.. i also liked the shoutcaster idea for lvl2.. i was forced to !warnx3 today becasue of a hacker
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

I think lvl2 should just have shoutcaster, warn, mute and putspec (to get rid of those annoying afk'ers, it really comes in handy). Of course if it were an emergency you could kick with warn, but that should only ever be in an emergency. Screamer is always on MSN when you need an admin around. :)
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

mazza plz dont think i was trying to flame you , i wasnt
i was just trying to explain it the best way i knew , i meant nothin by it
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

MoW wrote:as a former member an friend to ya's and in bb we had the same probs with admins etc,no will ever b statisfied lol,but mazza idea is good,but allowin everymember to kick etc is bad idea imo,the shoutcster idea seems good coz then they'll leave most prob,but if they dont they'll b takin up a player slot,pros and cons to everything,and as i recall pup u kicked ppl jus for bein slightly abusive,fair enuff sometimes was ok but wanr first mayb 2 times max then kick? in ghostworks every member pays subs,to keep servers runnin in et and css.good idea then no1 is below anybody if ya kno wot i mean,think we contemplatin the admin mod feature,[*BB*] used to run it and was good very handy...but then this prob arises,wot lvl ppl shud get etc.if every1 paid the same amount then every1 gets same lvl...apart from ppl which set up server....prob solved.....but can every1 pay......?.... but hey this prob will prob go on foreva lol but i hope some of this makes sense to some ppl and in someway helps ???

<b>oh my gosh</b>, how many times didn't i warn people?? but fine if you feel that way, i won't take admin abilitys ever then... lies imo, but w/e

I do not care nomore, if there is hacker/cheater on and no admin, i'll simply leave, that must look good to other players... bah!!!
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

ERm......... what the hell ar eyou on about puppy ??????????/? do a command !warn and then player slot ..repeat this by uparrow hit enter do it 3 times if they havent already left they get kicked = just like a kick but better ...... IT isnt anyone feeling anyway or have a missed some sub text in this post...
@ mazza yeh i got the idea that it was server trusted regs :P I just dont know why non of us thought of it :P and if screamer flames you just lemme know i will SORT HIM OUT ...:::::; :twisted: