SERVER UPDATed TO 3.2.6 ON 23rd OCTOBER ..( this year 2006 )

gobbo
Partners in Crime

SERVER UPDATed TO 3.2.6 ON 23rd OCTOBER ..( this year 2006 )

Post by gobbo »

-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-gobbo wrote:
-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-gobbo wrote:Okay dokey ... etpro 3.2.6 can be downloaded anyhow as it isnt used untill you join a 3.2.6 enabled server.Just like all the other etpro versions you most likely have inn your system .IF you havent already got that GET THE 2.47MB PK3 DOWNLOAD YOU NEED IT GOES IN YOUR ETPRO FOLDER WITH THE OTHERS.
NOW THE TRICKEY BIT :p To play on a 3.2.6 etpro server you need the 2.60b cleint patch, this is incompatable with all previous versions! However as a workaround
download the renamed patch FROM HERE WHICH I RENAMED FROM ET.EXE TO ET1.EXE .PUT THIS IN YOUR MAIN ET FOLDER NEXT TO ET.EXE . make a shortcut and place this on your desktop ,if you have done it right when you click on this shortcut you can connect to 3.2.6 etpro servers but not to 3.2.5 or lower. To connect to NON etpro 3.2.6 servers start your et the normal way with ET.exe ( thats the one that no doubt says enemy territories )
Alternativley you may download ghost : mcsteves installer http://www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60b-installer.exe and the reverter : http://www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60-revert.exe they are files for automatic instal/revrtion so you can play on both types of servers because he is v kind..!!
I will make a helpfile which i will post soon .. Cheers -=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=- GOBBO
DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR ET.EXE USING THE AUTO INSTALLER UNLESS YOU ONLY WANT TO PLAY ON ETPRO 3.2.6 SERVERS OR CAN USE THE GO BACK OPTION MCSTEVE HAS POSTED. EG you need to get both files

OUR SERVER WILL BE UPDATING TO 3.2.6 ON 1ST OCTOBER BE WARNED GET READY FOR THE CHANGE :p

CHEERS -=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-GOBBO

NOTE *** I EDITED THIS ORIGINAL POST AS I AM SILLY AND MISS READ GHOST MCSTEVES POST **** MOOCHO SRY MCSTEAVE**********
Maybe if <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> have bandwidth they could also host these files and edit my post as required and make this post an announcment... cheers <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> GOBBO OUT
Last edited by gobbo on Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

For anyone intrested mcsteves installer is automated and will work fine you can find the files on midnight-club.co.uk or ghostworks.co.uk.
this updates my previous thoughts. I have edited and updated my post to include the links needed.note it is only for windblows os
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-gobbo wrote:Okay dokey ... etpro 3.2.6 can be downloaded anyhow as it isnt used untill you join a 3.2.6 enabled server.Just like all the other etpro versions you most likely have inn your system .IF you havent already got that

GET THE 2.47MB PK3 DOWNLOAD YOU NEED
IT GOES IN YOUR ETPRO FOLDER WITH THE OTHERS.
NOW THE TRICKEY BIT :p To play on a 3.2.6 etpro server you need the 2.60b cleint patch, this is incompatable with all previous versions! However as a workaround :
MANUAL METHOD FOR DUAL INSTALL.:
download the renamed patch
FROM HERE WHICH I RENAMED FROM ET.EXE TO ET1.EXE .

PUT THIS IN YOUR MAIN ET FOLDER NEXT TO ET.EXE . make a shortcut and place this on your desktop ,if you have done it right when you click on this shortcut you can connect to 3.2.6 etpro servers but not to 3.2.5 or lower. To connect to NON etpro 3.2.6 servers start your et the normal way with ET.exe ( thats the one that no doubt says enemy territories )

ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN DOWNLOAD GhosT:Mcsteves AUTO INSTALLER : :p

Istaller : http://www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60b-installer.exe
and the reverter :
Reverter : http://www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60-revert.exe
Both in zip file :
Zip file : http://www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET2_60b_installer.zip

They are files for automatic instal/revrtion so you can play on both types of servers because he is v kind..!!
Please read his post under this..!
I will make a helpfile which i will post soon .. Cheers -=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=- GOBBO
DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR ET.EXE USING THE AUTO INSTALLER UNLESS YOU ONLY WANT TO PLAY ON ETPRO 3.2.6 SERVERS OR CAN USE THE GO BACK OPTION MCSTEVE HAS POSTED. EG you need to get both files

OUR SERVER WILL BE UPDATING TO 3.2.6 ON 1ST OCTOBER BE WARNED GET READY FOR THE CHANGE :p

CHEERS -=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-GOBBO
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

for the dum dums install THIS connect to the server and u will download the etpro pk3 automatically takes about 3 mins , enjoy
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

<< dum dum.. xD never bothered to read this post
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
Kazza
Music of the 18 Century
Music of the 18 Century

Post by Kazza »

<dum dum as well :(
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

^^dum dums.. i did.. :D
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

and again for those who missed it !!!!!! :D for the dum dums install THIS connect to the server and u will download the etpro pk3 automatically takes about 3 mins , enjoy
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

Thanks for the guide! I think I've got it now, going to try logging in ^_^
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

well as server is empty atm and no one seems to get the idea that a client patch to help the client not be hacked is a good idea then i think stuff it and move us to etpro 3.2.4 or even etpro 3.2.0 with et 1.02 patch the very first one... well i dont really but i am thinking of rolling back to et pro .2.5 any input will be a help.
MoW

Post by MoW »

tbh gobbo jus revert bk to the previous version.until more servers move over,aleast ur server will b populated i mean im sure most of the ppl that are regulars will switch between patches to play on servers if they wanna !
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

I really didn't think that it was that difficult to do with your simplified guide. It's only been a couple of days, why not give the masses until the end of the week or so? It's our server, do you really see this newer version of ETpro helping us? Think about it this way, if people can't update to play, do they really want to play? The regulars at very least.

That's my opinion, but I'm working on 4 hours of sleep so it might be a little skewed!
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

i agree with lucky.. you just put it on.. give it a little time.. if the server is still not populated in (x) amount of time.. then switch back.. my opinion though
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

yeh agreed maybee i am just a bit in a bad mood today up to 30 players by end of night and steady at around 20-25 so cant be all that bad but i c like 30 peeps not be able to get on just today cause of patch
we leave it a while think of ways of getting message around.
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

lucky is right, just give it a bit more of time and things will get better for sure :)
Laugh Warrior

terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

Hi guys :P been a while since my last post, i guess i will be back in business in a couple of days, angel will have her new pc :D and i will get the leftovers :cry: , for now i´m trying to config the router, opened the doors 27950, 27951 and 27960, got the new ET patch going but when connecting to server, all i see is awaiting challenge, any ideas?

Btw only did it on UDP protocol as listed, is it enough :roll:
If it is terrible enough... just think how terrible it can gets ;)
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

you dont have to open those ports?
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒