Banned from server?

Karrde

Banned from server?

Post by Karrde »

Hellow!

I am a regular (well was ) player on your server, until a few days ago. When i suddenly wasn't able to join anymore.
Every time I join, I get kicked straight away when the game finished loading. (5 mins ban by punkbuster, kicked by admin.)
This happens every time i join the server, so its kinda a temperally yet perment ban :shock: .
Once I've been kicked of your server by Malus for doubtfull reasons (aiming at 4 persons without killing anyone 8) ). This however was a temperal ban, since i was able to play the next day.
I asked Malus if he knew anything about this ban, which wasnt the case.

Any information on why i was banned? Possible to get unbanned?

Hopefully this all is a misunderstanding or something and i can enjoy your pub soon again :D .

ps. i am NOT banned by punkbuster or anything :roll: neither am i cheating scum.
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

You might need to update your et game

-=[<font><b>-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font>]=-gobbo wrote:Okay dokey ... etpro 3.2.6 can be downloaded anyhow as it isnt used untill you join a 3.2.6 enabled server.Just like all the other etpro versions you most likely have inn your system .IF you havent already got that GET THE 2.47MB PK3 DOWNLOAD YOU NEED IT GOES IN YOUR ETPRO FOLDER WITH THE OTHERS.
NOW THE TRICKEY BIT :p To play on a 3.2.6 etpro server you need the 2.60b cleint patch, this is incompatable with all previous versions! However as a workaround
download the renamed patch FROM HERE WHICH I RENAMED FROM ET.EXE TO ET1.EXE .PUT THIS IN YOUR MAIN ET FOLDER NEXT TO ET.EXE . make a shortcut and place this on your desktop ,if you have done it right when you click on this shortcut you can connect to 3.2.6 etpro servers but not to 3.2.5 or lower. To connect to NON etpro 3.2.6 servers start your et the normal way with ET.exe ( thats the one that no doubt says enemy territories )
Alternativley you may download ghost : mcsteves installer http://www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60b-installer.exe and the reverter : http://www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60-revert.exe they are files for automatic instal/revrtion so you can play on both types of servers because he is v kind..!!
I will make a helpfile which i will post soon .. Cheers -=[<font><b>-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font>]=- GOBBO
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
Karrde

Post by Karrde »

I do have the latest patch (2.60b +etpro3.2.6). I just double checked it, but still the same problem :( .
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

Erm wasnt aware that you had been banned karrde .. BUt if you pm me your guid and maybe ip i will look at the bans.dat .We do stream to punkbusted now so if you have a ban via them i will not be able to lift that ... But the message you get does seem a little odd ,A permanent ban would say just that i thought :P.
Can you get on other 3.2.6 servers ok ?
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

Oh yeh just a thought but if you got temp ban via having too many warnings it will take 2 days to go away.... I think that maybee why you get a temp ban message ...
Karrde

Post by Karrde »

I can get on other 3.2.6 servers just fine, neither am i on any banlist (punkbusted / pbbans). Btw good job steaming with them, will stop a lot of cheaters / previous cheaters.
I cant remember if i got any warnings... I know i was able to play one day, next day i have this problem. It has been more like a week now so its def. past the 2 day period :D

I'll pm you my pb/etpro guid + ip :)

Thanks for the help!
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

okay m8t i fired your guid into our server and it wasnt found in ta bans list ....erm have you tried to connect today ?
Karrde

Post by Karrde »

hmm i tried to connect just a few seconds ago, while you were on the server.
Got kicked with the same message tho ;(
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

Just pm d u and aded your msn
have looked in admin mod aswell dont c anything not even a temp ban..:(
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

As i said to you on msn i have found you manually in the bans list etadmin mod doesnt appear to want to unban you :P ... Will have a word with admin that banned you and find out what the story is .. will email or msn you the result.
Karrde

Post by Karrde »

Thanks man, I really appreciate your help :).
I just tried to join and indeed the ban is lifted, hurray!!

Acting hard against cheater is something I totally agree with.
Streaming your server with punkbusted and pbbans will help a lot I think. Taking randomly pbss of players will probably also catch a few cheaters. But manually looking at those pictures might be a bit time-consuming.
One of the good things about your server, is that there are actually admins who care about what happens on it.
I am not a cheater, never will be. The massive amount of cheaters nowadays makes a lots of players suspicious, even when there is no reason for it :(. And they (the cheaters :P) just kill this lovely game.

Anyways I probably see you on your server soon!