Impure Client?

Impure Client?

Post by Guest »

Well some backround: I like a game of ET at this time of night (4am) but all these FREAKS are in bed and Midnight Spikage is actually the only good looking server that has people on it at this time, regular 6 map campaign (no dumb user maps), and above all, a good ping.

But I can't even connect to this server. It says your server runs 2.60b (which I have) but uses 3.2.5 or whatever (which I have). And when I connect to the server, it disconnects me a second later saying something like 'Impure Client' or 'Referencing invalid pk3 file'.

I have both 3.2.5 and 3.2.6 in my ETPRO dir, so how can I get this server to god damn work?

I even tried deleting the whole ETPRO directory and then connecting to your server downloading all the stuff, and got the same problems.

I've read on here that the server changes over to 3.2.6 on Monday, but I want to play tonight and tommorrow! Please be quick in reply. Ta.
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

We still have the 3.2.5 version running on the server , the update will be only monday ....you need to use the 3.2.5 version (wish means 2.60 patch and not the 2.60b)...if you haven't update your pb yet, you should do it...gl :)
Laugh Warrior

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

the problem you will have is that because u are using etpro 3.2.6 u also have the 2.60b client side patch
to play on our server at the minute you would need to revert to non 2.60b (client side) there are downloads available from the server updates section of this forum
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

that s the wrong message anyhow .. wrong et.exe for 3.2.5/3.2.6 issues.
If you are getting on other servers without porbs then it may be you have half downloaded one of the servers packs ( PK3 )
go look in etpro an delete any temp ones..
if you are not getting on other servers you prob need to reinstall et,.