Free cookies on MS

blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Free cookies on MS

Post by blackangel »

Server is back for almost 2 months now, and slowly is getting some old and new players on. Not been easy to put it working like in the old times, but at least nights have been more busy lately.
I know that we all have our own lifes to deal with and ET is just a game, however we do share a server with our <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> friends, so would be nice to see more <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> faces around and have fun like we used to =).
Sooooo get on MS and you will have a cookie ;)
Laugh Warrior

lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

Ya know, angel, I come and join you, but it seems that as soon as the round is over, all <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> peeps leave! haha, probably because I'm on quite a different schedule. I only really have time later at night b/c I am taking a full schedule of classes as well as working about 30 hours a week.
Anywho, anyone can just send me a message on MSN and i'd be willing to get on for a bit.
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

I know you do pat, and no you don't scare us lol...usualy you get on the server around 1am GNT =)
Laugh Warrior

OxyGen
Breath In.. Breath Out
Breath In.. Breath Out

Post by OxyGen »

It has been a while when i have played, have been on smallband but thats fixed now. I upgraded my account @ my provider to 'Turbonet' (double the speed) so can't wait to test it =)
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

Not playing ET again until I fix fglrx and can get ET running nicely under Linux I'm afraid, I *refuse* to use the Windows version of PunkBuster (installing 2 Windows services and a driver without informing the user, gg Evenbalance, you've reached a new low), but I've already made a rant about that on the <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> forums. I promise I'll drop in soon though! ^_^
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

message me on msn.. i have school monday & wed 3:30p to 4:30p ish... tues & thursday 3:30p-10:30p so im usually on the computer if i dont respond then im away.. :) but i always keep the busy status up.. :) friday thru sunday im free.. i just want the cookie so message me if you are on ill come play with ya :)
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

we need to get on all at the same time to attract some kind of crowd, i mean let's say: "let's all try to get on at 14 GMT" if we're with like 6 peeps (not THAT much) it is a) more fun then alone b) peeps will join much easier c) people will come back at that time, eventually we don't even have to show up and there will be a crowd there already,

what ya think? good idea or not?

cheers, beers the pup had big ears
Lucyf3r
The Devil Himself
The Devil Himself

Post by Lucyf3r »

m0pX wrote:Not playing ET again until I fix fglrx and can get ET running nicely under Linux I'm afraid, I *refuse* to use the Windows version of PunkBuster (installing 2 Windows services and a driver without informing the user, gg Evenbalance, you've reached a new low), but I've already made a rant about that on the <font><b>-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font> forums. I promise I'll drop in soon though! ^_^
Linux version doesn't use PnkbstrA and B? or just asks if you want to install them?
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

Not easy to get on all at the same time pup, so just join when you can even if server is empty...usualy doesn't takes too long till someone joins.

@squee: will do ...but you will have to earn ze cookies :P =)
Laugh Warrior

Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

no you said free cookies.. thats not free!

m0pX

Post by m0pX »

Lucyf3r wrote:
m0pX wrote:Not playing ET again until I fix fglrx and can get ET running nicely under Linux I'm afraid, I *refuse* to use the Windows version of PunkBuster (installing 2 Windows services and a driver without informing the user, gg Evenbalance, you've reached a new low), but I've already made a rant about that on the <font><b>-=[<font><b>-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font> forums. I promise I'll drop in soon though! ^_^
Linux version doesn't use PnkbstrA and B? or just asks if you want to install them?
Afaik the Linux version is still just a plain old library hooked onto ET but I'm not sure, but there's no such thing as a "Linux service", there are daemons which are essentially "background apps" that either run or don't run depending on your runlevel, but they're nothing like Windows services. The thing is, on Linux, there's no real need to be logged in as an administrator (aka playing as root, which is dumb and opens up sooo many security holes) to play PB games, which is why they moved PB into services on the Windows version to begin with, but because Linux never had this problem to begin with, I assume it's still just a plain old hooked library.
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

yes they are squee :D
Laugh Warrior

Lucyf3r
The Devil Himself
The Devil Himself

Post by Lucyf3r »

ty
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

you told me i would have to earn it.. if i have to earn it.. then its not free.. :p anyways.. just give me my COOKIE NOW! :twisted:

thanks *Angelic*

blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

You know what you have to do, to get the cookies ;)
Laugh Warrior

PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

i personally don't see the difficulty but at least somebody replied to the idea.. that speaks for itself imo hf shootin' alone
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

angel wrote:usualy doesn't takes too long till someone joins.
;)...and no its not fun to be there alone thats why you get free cookies if you join.
Laugh Warrior

Lucyf3r
The Devil Himself
The Devil Himself

Post by Lucyf3r »

my idea: lets all get xfire on, and if any1 there, send him a msg "hey join MS". And it might work...