(SPK) MCs - DJ Drunks - Server

SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Pings under 150 or so not a prob for most of us US peeps. In case you haven't noticed we typically play, and pwn :P, on UK servers with out whining about our ping :D
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Btw it works out to be a whole $15 for us to pay half. Shouldn't be a problem. Set up a Paypal link for us to make it easier.

Thanks for the offer Slay, we'll check out your server mate sometime as well.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

Snakebite

Post by Snakebite »

You need to recalculate.. hehe. $15 is only like 8 or 9pounds sterling...
If it moves shoot it..
Live hard. Die Young.. Leave a good looking corpse..

Master C
Likes Rainbows
Likes Rainbows

Post by Master C »

Indeed.
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

lol :^:^
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

sorry lol ,had to , anyways half should be £27 uk pounds , $ i dunno ill get the paypal sorted out as soon as , so as ive said before the server ip is 194.105.135.102:27960 so who is the top dog of <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> , i could do with speaking to them personally to pass over rcon and password details , also need to discuss what banners you guys want stickin on the server also , and if any of you <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> dudes are any good with servers let me know , could do with help on map rotations and stuff , cheers guys speak soon
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

im just about to change the name to -=( Midnight Spikage )=- <note the use of both tags there lol
if you guys have a preference on what colour it should be then let me know , cos to be honest im not really arsed
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Goodness gracious! £27=$48! Heck our own server was only $32. (16 man I think)

27.00 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds

= 47.7895 USD
United States Dollars

1 GBP = 1.76998 USD 1 USD = 0.564978 GBP

Where are you paying this much for a server? That means you're paying almost $96/mo for a server.

Our pricing through: (for 32 slots, all US based)

Ultimate Gamers: $63.68 ($32 for 16 man..basically $1.99/slot)
Clanservers.com: $63.95
Killerpings.com: $63.00

Anyway, now we have "the cost" to us, we'll see what everyone thinks.

Visit my MySpace page>>

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

i did a lot of looking round , remember this is a 32 slot server , if u guys arent prepared to chip that much to then let me know , i'm sure we can work something out betwwen us , thats from clangamingservers.com by the way if u wanna check it out
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

We'll see what everyone wants to do. I'm not against it. It was just hard enough to get people to donate to our own server for $32/month :( in the first place. but now we got a lot of older people with jobs and stuff :P compared to back then with all the kiddies we had.

Visit my MySpace page>>

Master C
Likes Rainbows
Likes Rainbows

Post by Master C »

Im still a kiddie......at 17.......
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

wow guys, I know you did your homework and I don't mean to sound rude, but it kind of sounds like your getting ripped off to me.

Reguardless I am like X looking intoother servers (UK based) to see what I can find that might be cheaper. At any rate that may not make a difference because I am looking to see how much the members can pledge each month. (All members refer to the server talk forum)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

OK this is me talking after quite a good bit of research. About the cheapest servers I can find all run about $2 a slot. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a UK server for that price. Aparently your power bills in the UK are a lot higher then us USA guys. At any rate an american server is fine for me, but I know half of <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> is europe based and I think ur entire clan is. So I wanted to ask would you guys be willing to sacrifice ping for cost. I know with our former web host it was about a 100-150 ping for the europeans. But you are right, you are using the cheapest UK based provider I could find.

Also you guys mention that the price included ventrillo? or some voice chat program, would it be cheaper without that? Cause truth be known we have the means to supply a voice chat program, or we have in the past.
-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-SCREAMER wrote: although some of you have said that a 32 slot is too big , it does'nt need to be , we can reserve so many slots for ourselves , and reduce it in size for the public , maybe keep like 6 passworded slots back for ourselves , or more or less
I know this is a stupid question, but would that reduce the cost any? My guess is no but I wanted to be certain.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
lost-hedgehog
Sonic without a Map
Sonic without a Map

Post by lost-hedgehog »

i'm ok to pay money.... £5 a month from me is fine if u wanna start the ball rolling...

my view is that if the server works and we play on it then its worth it....

possibly all ppl who donate shud be admins... snakey will prob pay money too... so thats £10 already
<!--== Busy doing something i shouldnt be ==--!>
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

Well Hedgy...its ok for me too (thats about 7.26 euros/month) :wink:
However i would like to play in a server without lags...and in a US server usually i lag a lot, cause i have a high ping :(

I have been in the midnight spikage server...and i liked it, cause no lags around. However i played very bad caused i am not used to play without lagging :lol:
Laugh Warrior

gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

8) lol angel u did ok :P ... (..mr... :oops:) as for server we have a 10 and 8 map going on other server but i need help to make it rotate????? nothing i do seems to work..
campaign themselves work fine just on other server they rotate into standard 3 maps :roll: when it wotks will transfer to new server. it was v good to play on a server that doesnt go into matrix mode... PS what is the tune on ya frontpage :) i like it ..... :wink:
We used to pay £15 quarter on old x2 server which dropped to £10 quarter each as more peeps joined / wanted ref rights and that was only 20 slots.
£5 month .. £15 quarter is fairly normal i think, i dont think <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> would wanta US server as we are all in the uk/europe.
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

you should talk to Bobo, hes our server genius
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Alright I've tallied up our pledges, 1 more contributor and I can safely say yes and call you guys partners.

p.s. Screamer I have added you to my MSN
merch@nt

Post by merch@nt »

All this sounds sweet, now get your butt on the server :twisted:
Last edited by merch@nt on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I am the last one to pledge :D. Sorry been gone most of the day, plus I'm a lil under the weather atm.

Anywho I played on OUR server :D last night with Angel, Gobbo, Screamer, uh someone else :P and had a blast. I didn't do to bad either, but nothing to shout about :roll: Any who, I think the partnership will work out great. I just need to learn the ref commands since I've never held a ET server myself, only RTCW.

And yes, Bobo is our genious at servers.

Visit my MySpace page>>

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

lol , its sweet that u guys have someone who knows about the server , we should all get in a massive msn convo 1 night and discuss things that we want on the server , it is a fun server with ace pings mostly and NO lag , had a blast , i have mass emailed everyone of our forum members to let them know the server is around , some of ur dudes werent even aware of it lol , lets all get :spike: :spikage: and get our moneys worth , laterz guys
Snakebite

Post by Snakebite »

Yup.. You can put Ol' Snakey down for 5GBP / Mo... I'll pay Hedgy and he can pay you guys =-)
I dun have a credit card or anything.. So I'll pay Steve to pay you guys my five / mo..

I want POWER hehe. That and I feel I should chip in as much as I'm gonna be on it..

-=[Midnight Spikage]=-

Was good low ping no lag for me server... Best ping I got was 19.. I Think hehe

Noticed Pat had a ping of 100 which imo isn't bad for a stateside connect..

Hope you noticed that Hedgy / Steve spoke for me as far as a pledge goes..
If it moves shoot it..
Live hard. Die Young.. Leave a good looking corpse..

blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

So... we gonna have a FUN SERVER WITHOUT MATRIX... :D
Laugh Warrior

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

this server kicks <b>@$$</b> , been full all night and still is now , had a few nubs on but they sooon went , so congrats to all , looks like its gonna a be a good one , happy fragging
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

holy crap, played on our server, full all night. All the <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server regs showed us love and came here. BTW post ur pledge in the server talk section snakey
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

ok i just went back for a few more rounds at 1:30am and had to use my private slot to even get in. all regualr slots were full. wow!