Punk Buster

Belleraphon
Voted 4 Ralph Nader
Voted 4 Ralph Nader

Punk Buster

Post by Belleraphon »

So I have a question, is punk buster really as inefficient as I'm hearing from everyone on servers? Seems kind of useless if so many people can just get by. Like today on the server we had to aim botters, no doubt, over 100 HS's in first 7 minutes of game. But So its really that inaffective or what?
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

it dose have its problems but it dose block about 80% of stuff.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

there a lots of hax that get blocked by pb.. and i mean lots..

but there also hax ppl pay for those are most of the time undetected by pb.. and when they make a screenshot there is just a normal player there..
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
gobbo
Partners in Crime

aimbots

Post by gobbo »

hi unlucky for us apparently the latest round of aimbots dont show up difrent on screenshots and can bypass pb with ease, so its back to finding out and banning them , as we found out last night simple ban is not good enough..even though using pb to do it , but ip ban seems still to work ... any1 intrested last nights aimbotter was banned 5 times but still got in the ip ban finaly worked :P
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

PB_SV_BadName [grace_seconds] [text_filter]
Adds a bad name to the list of bad names for the server to disallow in player names

put [nC] in the disallowed names because a few of the hackers that were on our server were from that clan.. :O
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

lets not pull a fun and ban a whole clan.
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

Who the hell actually pays for hax? They could easily just learn to write their own or even better, learn how to play :P
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

we had a visitor once that was [nC]na1rda, i had a chat with him once on some other server and he makes is own hax :/
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

Hi guys it´s terri

This seems like "dejavu" to me... been not long since we talked about PB, and admin testing cheats and stuff :roll:

My last opinion in the matter wich stands is that PB is useful but hardly enough, said before that i think some admins should test cheats (not to become cheaters) :P, but to see them working and how they donne so we can understand their mechanism and block them better, or allow them better :wink:

BTW there is a groing opinion that security systems as general shouldn't block intrusions yet allow them without permiting them to harm systems. Thought about aim botters problem...

Why do a aim boter use aimbot? He wants to be a better player? Guess not cause killing doesn´t make you the better player and using bot doesn´t permit you to upgrade your skills.
So wants to ruin everyone fun? maybe soo, but an hacker as other means to do that like put servers down and stuff...

So what i think moves boters is the will to kill more players then others...now if we notice one and kick him what he tries to do? Get back again any way he can right? So if we permit him to stay and some how (dunno if is possible), create a command for refs to use to aply on him so he can´t do no harm to other players, just being around like a mupit, his shots don´t harm any one, well i guess he will leave by him self and don´t comeback to the server so soon. Cause that way his objectiv is really not beeing acomplished. 8)

Cya all tkx for reading my crazy ideas :P
Last edited by terrible on Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it is terrible enough... just think how terrible it can gets ;)
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

PB isn't updated for ET anymore, I think. So it's not like we can hope for anything to be improved, I suppose Bani can help the cheating situation with etpro but PB is essentially finished for ET (I think anyway).
Slayoo0

Post by Slayoo0 »

again join http://www.punksbusted.com the 1 and only place to help you make sure the server isnt over runned by cheaters..

Admins/leaders read.. http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index ... owtopic=41
There Can Be Only One...

One Shot One Kill...

You Have Just Been Slayed By..

BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

it would be nice if punksbusted let you have access to all there md5 tools with out having to have the ambl because we had problems with that b4.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
Slayoo0

Post by Slayoo0 »

well you can.. you can add the ones from #Hos servers if you want.. then you wil have md5 tools checked on every player joinning the server.. it would not be a problem.. just let me know if you want them...

slayer@hosclan.com <-- email if you want them..
There Can Be Only One...

One Shot One Kill...

You Have Just Been Slayed By..