Finding an Admin

SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Finding an Admin

Post by SPiKed X »

I just wanted to make a post...I already put this in reply to Fingers' bc topic cuz he mentioned this problem, but it deserves it's own thread as well.

With any server, no matter how many "refs" there are, you are never going to rid it of ALL cheaters or people who break the rules. I feel we do a pretty good job as is, but yes there is, and always will be, times when there is no admin at all around. We're sorry, but it's just not possible, nor a good idea, to give every one in the 2 clans ref passwords.

-<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>- has set up a MSN for them to help police the server, @ mid_clan@hotmail.co.uk We, <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>, don't currently have one for such a purpose, and I'm not really sure how good it works anyway. So best thing I can say is, make sure you know who the <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> ref, and <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> refs, are and add them to your MSN. That way it MAY help you to get a hold of an admin. But it's still no garuntee.

I am on MSN all day at work, but I don't have the game at work so there's nothing I can do from there. I would need the rcon passy to do something...hint hint :P. We already have players, and admins, on both sides of the big ole lake, but we still can't cover every time zone.

If someone is cheating, or even just breaking the rules, you can "/callvote kick (player #) if I'm correct, or /callvote pb_sv_kick (player #) Correct me if I'm wrong on the codes, but I know they are something like that.

In the beginning we did the deal that IF you donated REGULARLY, in other words agreed to a certain amount each month, you then got admin power. So us who donated, and kept our word, were given the passy. I don't know if this will pertain to getting any new admins or not, but you now know. It is up to Spike, who handles the donations, if he still wants more peeps to donate and become admins or not.

Also, I like the thread Snake started about cheaters. He wrote down the player's name and guid so that it can later be reviewed and banned if we so desire. You could do the same with those who "break the <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> law" as well I suppose. Then maybe we can do a 3 strikes you're out deal or something, idk. Either way, it's a good idea.

We all hate cheaters and those who break the rules, but sadly we cannot not always rid the world of them, but we will do our best.

ThanX
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

ok guys , that mid_clan@hotmail.co.uk msn is on around 18-19 hours a day from about 3pm uk time till maybe 7 am uk time , anyone can get hold of an admin on it then , theres maybe only a 5 hour gap tops that i cant cover , refs for <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> are , me (screamer) , gobbo , toasted , enemy and binks , any of them guys can help , ,, anyone wants my personal msn then just pm me and i will pass it over , also , anyone wants the patch for msn (so u can sign more than 1 account in at the same time ) then pm me , anyone wants to add the msn please feel free to do so , and yes i also think it would be a good idea for <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> to also have a universal msn for the higher admins , or maybe we should just find another way for people on the server to call an admin lol
Last edited by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

or do shifts LOL
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

ever heard of semiadmins? u can set up all the allowed commands 2 use.. maybe just for kick and that ur only are allowed 2 kick cheaters..
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

The server has kickvotes disabled doesn't it? I believe /callvote pb_sv_kick [slot] then votes added by each player with /pb_kick [slot] will work, but it's been ages since I've seen somebody actually USE pb_kick properly, so I don't know.
Snakebite

Too much spare time

Post by Snakebite »

Chances are that if its between the hours of 9am and 9pm in GMT.. I'll be on.. LOL.. I just seem to have too much spare time..

Although currently one of my best friends is going thru a rough patch so I'll be dedicating my time to his needs... I posted three GUID's in the Black label string.. Hope they get banned, blatant use of aimbots.. Dunno bout the rest.. But I listed them there.. And know you can find the IP's in the server logs, just need to search for the names.. :P I hope that I can be vigilant and umm... Keep the high standard of ADMIN present.. I keep getting /m in game about how they like the "Tight ship" approach.. Seems our being firm is finally getting to be widespread knowledge.. And therefore attracting more players..
If it moves shoot it..
Live hard. Die Young.. Leave a good looking corpse..