Server modifications

[FuN]Gebly

Server modifications

Post by [FuN]Gebly »

Hello folks

Was playing a few hours on your server and

I got 2 suggestions for the server settings.

1. It takes ages for things like medic...art.....heavy weapon to reload.
I know that perhaps this is intentional yet still IMO annoying.

2. It will help if ppl can vote to kick a player...I know that having this option
will bring some silly voting by new players but it is also the only way Regs can
kick a player that teamkills or spawnkills without an admin being present.

Well...thats my opinion ofter 48 hours straight on your server...Erm...opppps..I ment few hours :lol:
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

1. It takes ages for things like medic...art.....heavy weapon to reload.
:?: :?: :?:
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
Blackrhino
Partners in Crime

Post by Blackrhino »

FD script!!!!!!!!!! i miss thee so much :D
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

i know ive said this a million times , add mid_clan@hotmail.co.uk to msn , or ads127 to xfire , either way im on most of the time , those that already have those added have no trouble getting an admin , it is also in the server banners of people could actually be bothered looking :shock:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

The recharge is slow for heavy weapons I know...and don't like either :P, but it's to keep from being spammed with mortar/panzers until you the soldier gets to 3-4 stars.

As for FO, I was thinking it may be a lil slow too, but once you get 2 stars it doesn't seem to be an issue either.

Had no idea med was different :P...don't play med alot.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

I agree with you on the charge settings. Plus stickycharge. Cause stickycharge is sexy.
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
Blackrhino
Partners in Crime

Post by Blackrhino »

Thanks to whoever put the fuel dump scirpt on the server no moer spam from teh rhino :D (unbind d :P) spam button :P
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

lol, another one that plays with the arrow keys :D, i think those were ment for ppl that are lefthanded imo :roll:
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

yeah i think so too.. ;P
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
Blackrhino
Partners in Crime

Post by Blackrhino »

yeah i do play with arrows but who is the better player :P haha!!! j/k m8 takes time tho :O
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

Blackrhino wrote:yeah i do play with arrows but who is the better player :P haha!!! j/k m8 takes time tho :O
are u trying to say that ur better then me? really i need to borrow this videocard for the summer really >.>
Blackrhino
Partners in Crime

Post by Blackrhino »

lolz.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Remember Engies suffer from the sticky charge bar effect too, sux tbh :P , Screamer a lot of ppl don't play with msn open, i know i don't, hence y voting for kicks should b enabled, even for spawnkillers u will find that players in opposite teams are more likely to vote for them being kicked too as most ppl want a fair game, and therefore less admining for u :P
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

This is probably going to sound obvious and maybe I'm misssing the point, but as the xp gets higher the charge bar charges quicker therefore being the whole concept of getting xp! This to me is integral to the whole game being more realistic.

As for the kick vote I'm undecided, I've seen some stupid votes and also it leads to loads of votes just cos people get upset over stupid things. The flip side is that it really is necessary to get rid of consistant offenders. I agree it's not always practical to call someone on msn but think thats the best solution, at least in the short term.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

xfire ingame chat :roll:
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

i play with my msn open, it auto goes to busy when i launch a full screen and usually ppl have a monitoring program open so they know i'm playing and don't bother me unless its important.

spkfearlessleader@yahoo.com

also the weapon charge time i like how it is set right now. It prevents being spammed with WMDs and Airstrikes. That is until you get lvl 4+ soldiers in which case they are fighting against lvl 4+ enemies so it balances out.

I know the new 'no east' script is working which is great. I used to just stand there and cap my teammates that tried to build it. I heard Gobbo mentioning a new no grass script for radar. I don't care either way on that one. Occasionally the grass wil very slightly lag me, but I also love hiding in it. Thats my favorite sniper map.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

I agree about the charge time. Also more than happy if the east building is sorted (Haven't played axis on Fd recently) cos thats just an obvious tactic that noobs can't get their head round and if you tk them (I did the same as you Mike :D ) it causes arguments and complaints etc. The grass I think should be left as it is, it can be a hinderance or help to either team. I don't particularly enjoy the long grass but it's how the map is supposed to be, the Germans didn't get there lawnmowers out so we have to live with it.
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

I don't know, am I the only one that doesn't think they are too slow? Personally, if you play your class correctly, you can get it all to recharge quite quickly after a map or two. I've played on servers were the recharge timer is a little bit faster, but really don't see the need for it honestly. It's something you should work for no?

My two cents.
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

All i'm saying is the engie with nubstick is being punished for daring to b an engie with a nubstick, u join late in a campaign then ure basically screwed :roll: its not so bad for fo's etc, as this is what its designed to slow down, but totally sux for engies, u can plant one mine and fire one nade, and then ure down to garand at first, which is a bit pointless when everyone else is further on in xp than u

What i trying to say is, yes i am all for it for fo's and soldiers but not engies, after all is there any map that can b won without an engie :?:
Blackrhino
Partners in Crime

Post by Blackrhino »

railgun because the gun controls are already built :D:D:D and radar
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

oh shut it u :P
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

anythin that punishes or stop rifle noobs is ok in my book :) , should learn to use a real gun and then it wont b an issue
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Engies get more XP by using the riflenades :D .... in case you didn't know :P And btw, it takes more skill to use it when you can't use the nades, because you only have a single shot instead of being able to spray and pray like most med noobs on adren :P

I never noticed it was different recharge for them too, since I don't eng too much, and don't play on other servers much :O

Oh yeah, I MISS THE GRASS! As either team the grass is helpful on Radar. But I think without it it's more advantages to allied.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

k screamer next time u join any server with sticky charge bars late in campaign, go eng with nubstick and see how far u get :roll: I am not an xp whoring engie, nor an xp whoring anything else, and yes i can use a thomson/mp40 too :P
TBH i normally only have a nubstick on certain maps like railgun, and yes i can use the garand/k43 too rather than just the nubstick, and yes i get more kills with the garand/k43 than the the nubstick, so its not a matter of using a real gun :P I tend to play whichever class the team means, and its not only the xp <b>hizzos</b> that are getting held back by this.

BTW sticky charge bars don't slow down the xp <b>hizzos</b> anyway, cos if its a fo, they just camp in spawn and give out ammo until they got their awards or soldiers with panzy camp in places where they can get the monster kills to give em the bonuses, and well, we all know how easy it is for the other classes to gain xp, all except the poor engie :roll: (pst engies only get engineering xp for using nubstick, garand comes under lw)

So i b classed as a nub because i dare to state an opinion or use a nubstick now and again :roll: *sigh* nice PR guys :P

the heading of this topic, is server suggestions, but if u don't want suggestions or are just gonna take the pee out of suggestions with answers of "should learn to use a real gun" rather than discussing the issue then it suggests that u don't want the discussion in the first place :?:

Long live the Engy!!!!!
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

<b>oh my gosh</b>, i love the grenade rifle, and im pretty skilled at it :p, i always end up with like 90% acc :D

http://wimpooo.ubergeek.nl/lool/BOOMSPLATV56.wmv ^^