Server modifications

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

mazza , did u get out of bed the wrong side or somethin , man u take the game too seriously , if you noticed there was a big cheesy grin in my post , as in it WAS A JOKE ,
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

Mines give nice xp too when placed correctly :twisted:
Blackrhino
Partners in Crime

Post by Blackrhino »

soz mazza but i am right arnt i? :P :P :twisted:
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

i hope u guys watched <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font>'s rifle nade video, it was very impressive.

Aboutt he noobstick, i only use it to remove long range camped MGs. I don't really worry bout gaining eng skill because ur talkin to the lord of landmines here. I find it flattering now when I play on MS to see other people copying my mine patterns.

So i'd have to say idc about the eng sticky. I could see it a prob for riflenaders but i personally only use a rifle name for maybe 5 mins once every 20 games. I can also see it ging the other way, riflenaders usually (with the exception of a gifted few) make terrible backup so maybe it would be an incentive for them to use a real gun.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

The fact that you have 'mine patterns' means that you are predictable and should bow down before the true mine lord.........me :D :D

I never found it a real problem with the sticky bar thing. Like I said earlier the whole idea of XP points is that the more you get the quicker you become. If I have four eng stars and something needs building I try to leave it for other engies that have less, unless it is urgent and nobody seems to be going for it.

I think nubsticks are great for certain areas at certain times but I generally only use it for a particular period in a map. ie. The back way on Battery or to clear a tunnel. Can be very handy as you said Mike to get rid of a mg or maybe even a well concealed sniper!

Even true pro nubstick users have the problem of other players steping in front of them as they fire and taking out half their own team!
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

OOOOOOOOH Screamer who's the touchy one now :P I think u will see that there were plenty of smilies in my post too :D
All I am trying to do here is raise awareness of the different issues on sticky charge bars :P Not dictate or even as far as advise, just stating my pov :P

You made it personal by calling me a nub and a grumpity auld fart (not in so many words oc ) :P

As for the mines issue, yes u get xp from them(yawn ), but they are more of a defensive weapon than an offensive weapon, yes, yes b4 u all start ranting that they can b used on offence, i know they can, and they are normally the xp <b>hizzos</b> using them all up in stoopid places, the ones that sticky charge bars are designed to slow down :P I very rarely play axis (due to buggered up eye sight) so therefore very rarely use mines (cept on railgun), and maybe the occasional strategically placed mine to defend a dyna, so therefore believe that mines are not an issue when it comes to allies unless u are an xp <b>hizzo</b>, and just going for the topshots in mine kills :P

All I am asking u guys to do, is join late in a campaign, and see how easy it is for an eng to build up nuff xp to even be able to plant a dyna and then defend it using a nubstick with sticky charge bars enabled, i am fine using garand but many are not :P just humour me and try it :wink:
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

i do so daily, i usually time iot wrong and join in about map 6 or 7. But, you forgot one thing. The MS server SKing is a very serious no no and we are probably more strict on it then any other server. So if you we're an eng, just died and then respawned even with very ltl eng juice, you shouldn't have to use a rifl nade right away. Yes i know there are some instances of this such as the beach map.

I guess its all in how u play the game really. I know some players like that -ME- for team MS use the rifle nade religiously and offensively. I persoanlly use it very seldom and usually only as a last resort or some long range denfese cause cvops is filled up.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

LOL at mazza and lol @ medics on drenaline being stopped by the noobstick engi....thats what i do against noob medics also get the old rifle nade out and go spamming. erm just one point though folks screamer wants sticky charge back at 1 it was me that changed it to limit field ops spammage and reduce medical drenaline charges..i didnt know i had penalised the engi soo much and i do play engi with the rifle nade ..i find engi v medic is not a fair match anyhowq without the gerand/k43..lucky for me i play better than i spell.......
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

I mostly play engie. mainly cos I've done so for ages and therefore not very good at the other classes! I will use thompson or mp40 for most of the time and get the nubstick out as amatter of necessity to clear away an mg or a large number of people in a confined space. I generally only use it when I have got 3 or 4 engie stars, otherwise it's not much of a weapon. If I join a campaign late and can't get enough xp then I just don't use it! If you gotta wait ages to repair something or set dino then it just aint worth it. I would rather stop the f ops spam and use the thompson/mp40, at least we have a choice of another weapon.
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

K then perhaps when i join, i will just rambo med instead rather than help the team by going eng :roll:

Rambo medix FTW!!! :P
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

i just do objectives usualy when we play a war lol, else i rambo med.. i always get annoyed by my team really
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I do think, don't remember where this convo was, we should enable the "/vote kick" feature :D
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

What happened to the ability to complain against tk'ers?
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

SPiKed X wrote:I do think, don't remember where this convo was, we should enable the "/vote kick" feature :D
i agree; and get ETadmin up ffs, really give every <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> & <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> lvl 1 so they cant be kicked :roll:
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Agreed with that one <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font>, u can also cfg it to stop ppl complaining bout tk'ing, where it also logs their tk index, so it autokicks them if they got too many tk's rather than needing ppl to complain about them :twisted:
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

How does that work when medics kill/revive?
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

yeah, u still get kicked i guess, so we keep the complain thing.. i actualy turned them down myself because i actualy never complain lol
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Nopes doesn't count tk/revives :D
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

it doesnt? w00t
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

And something that stops stoopid votes, especially for Squee as i seen how ratty she was getting yesterday, if a vote doesn't pass first time, they can't vote for it again within a timelimit, if they try to they get threatened with a kick :P
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

you know what... since i was playing on the server today without an admin and by the way it sucked horribly.. there was this one duche bag that kept on saying he loved the server so i finally asked why and he said he could tk and not get kicked and that really ticked me off... so i was thinking about what someone had said about about only giving people limited access and i think that would be a great idea... so im just putting in my input .. i know that it might be too much having everyone with power but even if they got to kick that would be the better.. well at least i think that.. :roll:
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Yeah and that tosspot who kept cursing in polish, who kept shoving all the other engies away from objectives, the one who kept calling votes to mute ppl :roll: Grmph kids :roll:
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

yeah.. i think it would be best.. but idk

f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

haha some1 tried to mute me today and i reffed up and cancelled the vote.....then he left.
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

hahahaa... :D thats funny