Spawn Killers

Spawn Killers

Post by Guest »

Im not sure if spawn killing is allowed on your server, however it tends to piss me of to say the least, so still im am going to make this post, i play on your server regularly and would appreciate it if you would look at this demo and venture into the idea of giving admin priviledges to players who are on REGULARLY during european daytime hours so that the server can be controlled a lil better, the link is as follows:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=111353
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

ill go take a look at the demo , but one thing i can guarantee for definate is that non clan members will NOT be reffed up at any time , regardless of the ammount of time they play on our servers

Post by Guest »

thats fair enough, every clan to there own rules. Ill be prepared to apply for the clan if need be, its just the server is of low ping which is perfect for me to play with minimal lag and it should just be a fairer server for everyone playing on it.
jfro

Post by jfro »

And sorry for the double post but ive now signed up :D
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

we do try to make the server as fair as we can , with 2 clans sharing the server most of the time there is a ref on , and when there isnt , add mid_clan@hotmail.co.uk to msn , i am usually around most of the night and can quite easily come on the server and deal with a problem , also check our forums here
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

that was just one spawnkiller?, its easy 2 take him out :roll:
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Again this is where adminmod could come in handeh, if u got a couple of reg who u trust completely then u can set them a level where they can warn spawnkillers etc, and cfg it so it takes 3-5 warns b4 a kick is issued, therefore no heavy adminning given out to regs but a wee bit of trust shown in them works wonders. [FuN] got around 4-5 of these guys atm, and i have never seen any of them mistreat it, other than when 3 of em all warned at same time and the spawnkiller got kicked instantly :lol: Its also easy to keep tracfk of who's doing what and eliminates the need for passwords to b handed out, making everything more secure :wink:
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

only people who will have any kind of adminning/ref power on the server at any time will only ever be members of <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> or <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

i agree with scream.. i dont no if i would trust a reg with ref/admin
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

they could be sharing pass n stuff :roll:
jfro

Post by jfro »

meh, generally gets set by IP address, so unless they wana make round the world trips to share it i doubt theyd bother.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

ref doesnt get set by ip, there is a way of setting it by guid with etadmin, then the person can get ref by doing; !ref if im right :roll:
jfro

Post by jfro »

i could be wrong, never to late to learn summing new, QAW clan lets trusted regulars have admin pwers up to certain levels such as me im a level one, all i can do is !spec999 and !time and that set by IP so i asumed, and assumed most likely wrong.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

set by guid again,,
TonyMcPANTS

Post by TonyMcPANTS »

Et Admin-mod is very good most of the time, and with it you can also admin share with other admins from other servers using the mod,
http://et.d1p.de/etadmin_mod/wiki/index ... d_commands
you can find commands and everything else you might wanna know about it, we use it, no problems so far, seniour admin sets level of user, only he has absolute power but u can protect members of clan from kicks and give higher admin level to more trusted members. you can sign in as ref with !ref, Rcon will still function also.
lost-hedgehog
Sonic without a Map
Sonic without a Map

Post by lost-hedgehog »

I personally would love to know a list of useful admin commands so that we can:

a) screenshot ppl who are cheating
b) get their guid or ip
c) kick for a set amount of time
d) do warning messages

most of the time their are admins about... if an admin is leaving and there is a non admin <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> or <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> person about... how about giving them admin til another admin comes on.

Hedgy
<!--== Busy doing something i shouldnt be ==--!>
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

nah <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font> not talking bout giving them ref

ure levels can b set to what u can allow ppl to do

for instance on fun

level 0 standard for everyone
level1 Regulars (get some extra voice chats and fun features)
level2 trusted Regulars and admins from other clans (can do all level 1 features + warn players, player won't get kicked until he got 3-5 warnings which is adjustable
level3 Junior Admin (could say this is ure basic ref, but with a lot more commands, again depending on how set up)
level4 Admin (says it all)

the joy of it is, there are no password to give out, its all done etkey, i know we have leaked passies in past, especially with new members not doing things correctly, and i know this has stopped this happening completely :D

Again, u have complete logs of everything, and can even set it up so u can see whats going on from irc, which is quite handeh :D

I personally would love to know a list of useful admin commands so that we can:

a) screenshot ppl who are cheating
b) get their guid or ip
c) kick for a set amount of time
d) do warning messages

Can all b done with admin mod without a password being given out

Sorry for edit, didn't notice hedgy's post till i had finished typing :wink:
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

hey i never said anything about giving away ref :|
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

what i trying to get at <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font> is there's not even any need for !ref with adminmod as it does everything. some ppl prefer what they are used to thio, hence y they do !ref when they connect to the server, easy system and ideal for ppl not good with commands, myself i prefer the console method as i am pretty fast at typing !kick <partname> <reason> :P