Trouble you need to erase

Photo Proof of Cheaters on Midnight Spikage
Snakebite

Trouble you need to erase

Post by Snakebite »

Player by the name of RedWhite Power

GUID e670a4d2

Continuous TK / TB.. /reconnects after 4 complaints...

Asked for a ban.. All regulars on server that know me.. Want me to take action. .Nobody on MSN / Xfire.. So server getting screwed... WE NEED MORE ADMIN.

Sorry to say..
If it moves shoot it..
Live hard. Die Young.. Leave a good looking corpse..

BinkS
Partners in Crime

Post by BinkS »

Like me 8) :lol:

Im always about :P just not got round to donating again :roll:

There are quiet a few hacks and very few admins, meaning no kicks cus no admins online :P, one of the reasons I havent been around much recently
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

sorry to say but it's true... giving all members admin rights... i don't think there is no member that u can't trust...
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

admin rights will NOT be given to members
whats the point in donating for something that everyone else gets for free
if u want to be admin , get your hand in ur pocket and pay like the rest of us
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

If u need a ref try me im usually on msn.
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

We did ban that person you mentioned snakey. Like Screamer said though, the ref rights aren't free. In the old <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> days you had to be a member for 2 years b4 any admin rights were even considered. Either that or make a considerable donation towards the clan. So actually becoming a ref has become even easier.

I think there will be less and less offenders playing soon. We're averaging about 3 bans a week now. Send us demos along with player information. Sure we may not be able to cure the problem instantly but in time our methods will pay off.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
lost-hedgehog
Sonic without a Map
Sonic without a Map

Post by lost-hedgehog »

I agree on the donation thingy...

most admin's are available on msn or xfire,

cash = power guys :lol:

hedgy
<!--== Busy doing something i shouldnt be ==--!>
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

i agree with all members = admin powers/ ref powers... i dont see why its such a problem.. yes others payed.. but would they care that much if the rest of the members got those powers?
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

i would donate if i could.. but since i dont have money i cant..
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

If we had etadmin, or whatever it was called :P, then we could give low level ref powers.

I don't care who gets ref power tbh, but I do know that without the "pay for it" deal we probably wouldn't have had volutneers to help pay...which even some of those who got ref power from agreeing to donate stopped, so they lsot their ref power.

/vote kick needs to be enabled

new cdkey limit needs to be set in the code as well.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

Don't forget the awards thing...though I think I was the only one to do that, lol.
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

-=[<font><b>-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font>]=-SCREAMER wrote:admin rights will NOT be given to members
whats the point in donating for something that everyone else gets for free
if u want to be admin , get your hand in ur pocket and pay like the rest of us
what's the point in paying for a server that's under no control :s hell, see the money as "protection money" or something, don't give members ref power, only admin, the ability to kick n stuff, we rn't wreckless but if you wanna spend your time on the server being admin all the time fine, those who don't pay will just play then... just tryin' to help

but i respect ur decision :) if you don't wanna u don't have too...
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

we're possibly getting ready to make a massive ban. I think the situation will calm down after that.
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

PuPPy wrote: what's the point in paying for a server that's under no control :s hell, see the money as "protection money" or something, don't give members ref power, only admin, the ability to kick n stuff, we rn't wreckless but if you wanna spend your time on the server being admin all the time fine, those who don't pay will just play then... just tryin' to help

but i respect ur decision :) if you don't wanna u don't have too...
i agree with puppy.. if you guys want to have very few refs.. and so much complaining about the lack of them.. its your decision.. you could trust anyone here with ref/admin powers imho
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I don't believe it's so much "trusting" you guys. It's more to encourage donations. With out donations there would be no server to admin in the first place. Please remember that, atleast as far as <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> is concerned, it's not about not trusting you cuz yeah I believe we could trust all of you as well.

Also, working with <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> we have to be willing to flex on what we want too because it's not only our clan, but there's as well that's involved.

I'm back in Real Estate. When I sell a home, I'll pay for the server whole lol :D
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

As far as donating goes, I donated for the old server and I'll continue to donate for this one (once I figure out my paypal thing, lol)
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

I would like to add that you should be careful what you wish for....

I wanted to be a ref in order to get rid of cheats and to keep some sort of order while I play, However I've found that once you have ref rights playing et becomes a lot more difficult.

Everyone seems to want a perfectly balanced game every second they are on there, if it's not then you are expected to spend all your playing time in spec sorting out minor problems, otherwise you get constant whining and abuse.

Last night had this conversation:

KEES: Fingers get rid of the spawnkiller. (Note his politeness)

ME: Who is spawnkilling?

KEES: I dont have a name

ME: Shall I just guess then?

Then later.

KEES: Fingers there are 3 afk's, I wish we had a normal ref

FINGERS: Give them a minute to come back, if they dont let me know and I'll spec them. Don't call me abnormal!

GRIT: He wont do anything unless it affects him. (I got this from him about four times, muted him then asked him to stop being rude, unmuted him and he carried on so I kicked him.)

KEES: Fingers do your job properly. (When do I receive my salary for 'doing my job')

I was on for about 45 mins and had to spend 20 mins in spec sorting out all their little problems. Like I said being ref aint all it's cracked up to be. The games are rarely perfectly equal on ANY server. That is part of the fun of playing online rather than against the pc. Unfortunately you have to put up with people that whine and <b>biznatch</b> and are basically rude and abusive if you dont constantly spec everyone and keep the teams perfectly balanced every second they are on.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

KEES is very annoying i know..
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I was on for about 45 mins and had to spend 20 mins in spec sorting out all their little problems. Like I said being ref aint all it's cracked up to be. The games are rarely perfectly equal on ANY server. That is part of the fun of playing online rather than against the pc. Unfortunately you have to put up with people that whine and biznatch and are basically rude and abusive if you dont constantly spec everyone and keep the teams perfectly balanced every second they are on.
Amen to that brother!

Visit my MySpace page>>

SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

OK we had a massive cheat atack last night about 12amEST. 5 name changning aim botters entered the server all at one. People kept on bitching at me to ban them but they we're all changing names so quickly (like once every 10 secs) that i finally set an alias max and an alias change penalty. So if they changed their name more then 4 times it kicked them. But i finally got it mostly sorted by banning 5 guids last night, just it took a while.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

dont kick via the ref panel itself

/players or /guids then /ref kick #
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

what u mean with massive ban? i don't get that... all we can do is
a) nothing
b) allow more refs
c) "the vote to kick" thingie, wich i don't believe that work...

i know, some people on midnight spikage can be very annoying... very...
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Puppy, we're talking more along the lines of serious cheaters that require a ban instead of a kick. Basically a ref can't really do anything against a cheater except kick them in which case after 2 minutes they re-enter the server. Only an Admin has the power to completely get rid of them. I don't consider spawn kilers and self killers to be a reason to panic. They're easy to deal with. But in refrence to what u were saying Mel, i just set the name thing so they couldn't change their name as much to make them easier to catch a.k.a. to make sure I had the right person. My goal was to ban them but also get them off the server as soon as possible.
Last edited by SpikedCoffey on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

Well we had another cheater like 1,5 hour ago and he was name stealing; maybe it doesn't work with name stealing but i think screamer did the things i said...
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

yea i checked the server.cfg and the correct entries for name stealing/changing are there , i dont know whether they dont work or the hack works around them , as gobbo knows all about the cfg seein as he wrote it , i will get it looked at properly tomorow when he gets back of his hols , till then im afraid we are just going to have to grit and bear it :shock: