Help me, and many others

Discuss the game itself here.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Help me, and many others

Post by SPiKed X »

Hey all, hope ya don't mind, but I need help. Well not me myself, but me trying to help others. My Youth Group and my church are participating in an event called The 30 Hour Famine to help raise awareness and money for those struggling with hunger daily. Please read the following information I copy and pasted here.
Global Hunger & Poverty

Each day, over 29,000 children die from preventable diseases such as malnutrition, malaria, diarrhea, and acute respiratory infections.

Malnutrition is associated with over half of those deaths.

More than 852 million people in the world are malnourished—799 million of them are from the developing world. More than 153 million of them are under the age of 5.

In developing countries, one child in 10 dies before his fifth birthday. By comparison, in the U.S. one child in 165 will die before turning five years old.

In the last 50 years, 400 million people worldwide have died from hunger and poor sanitation. That’s three times the number of people killed in all wars fought in the entire 20th century.

The wealthiest fifth of the world’s people consume an astonishing 86 percent of all goods and services, while the poorest fifth consume 1 percent.

Of the 6.39 billion people in today's world, 1.2 billion live on less than $1 per day.

Malnutrition can severely affect a child's intellectual development.

Children who have stunted growth due to malnutrition score significantly lower on math and language achievement tests than do well-nourished children.

Domestic Hunger & Poverty

36.3 million people – including 13 million children – live in households that experience hunger or the risk of hunger. This represents approximately one in ten households in the United States.

3.5 percent of U.S. households experience hunger. Some people in these households frequently skip meals or eat too little, sometimes going without food for a whole day. 9.6 million people, including 3 million children, live in these homes.

7.7 percent of U.S. households are at risk of hunger. Members of these households have lower quality diets or must resort to seeking emergency food because they cannot always afford the food they need. 26.6 million people – including 10.3 million children – live in these homes.
Preschool and school-aged children who experience severe hunger have higher levels of chronic illness, anxiety and depression, and behavior problems than children with no hunger, according to a recent study.

The amount of funds raised by the United States 30 Hour Famine for 2004: $11.3 million, feeding and caring for 31,389 children.

In 2005, funds raised will help children in famine-ravaged nations such as Kenya, Sudan, Somalia and will help care for poor children in nations worldwide, including the United States.

This year’s 30 Hour Famine is themed “Fed Up” and teens are fired up to let people know that just $30 a month – $1 a day – can feed and care for a child for 30 days. Thirty goes a long way! It’s easy to remember, and easy to donate or participate in the Famine by visiting http://www.30hourfamine.org or calling 1-800-7-FAMINE.
Now what I ask of you, is to please help me, and these others, by donating directly to me, (which helps my youth group also), or to goto http://www.30hourfamine.org or http://www.worldvision.org and donate directly to them, or if you can't spare the money, please by all means pray for all the youth groups, churches, and others that are participating in this event, and pray that the funds raised will be blessed 10 fold to help relieve more children of this plague.

To donate to me, for them, just use the server donation link. You can donate directly to World Vision by visiting either of the 2 sites listed above.

Thank You!
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

k, sry but there 2 much hard words in that haha
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

and the things that i get,, you want us 2 support the children in asia, well my family already does that, support this orginisation dunno how its called but we give zem money.. :o
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒