making etpro fun.... step 1 remove adrenaline

gobbo
Partners in Crime

making etpro fun.... step 1 remove adrenaline

Post by gobbo »

-=[<font>-=[<font><font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font><font>]=-<font>]=-gobbo wrote:IT is just a thought .. but for a while i have thought the medic = strongest class why give it 10 seconds of constant speed and half damage when the other classes have had their strentgh removed eg fops and soldier reduced charge time.
medic rambo is big enough without adrenaline and i bet good medics would not miss it . IT WOULD BE A TRIAL PERIOD JUST LIKE ANY OTHER RESTRICTION WE HAVE TRIED

So lets hold a vote.

I would like to c it given out randomly to evry one but i dont know if that is possible.

I vote yes remove it .and i play medic a lot. i BELIEVE IT UNBALANCES THE GAME AND MAKE,S IT NON FUN EXCEPT POSS TO THE PERSON ON IT.

YES AND YES GIVE IT OUT WILL BE COUNTED AS REMOVAL FROM MEDICS :p
AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS LIMIT AMOUNT OF MEDICS IT HAS BEEN TRIED AND FAILED.
PLEASE GO TO <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>/<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> ADMIN SECTION AND VOTE.
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I agree!!! I don't mind fighting a med usually but when I hit'm in the head 3-5 times and they don't die...along with 4-5 body shots, you know they using adren. It'll probably help keep down the number of 4 star meds running around.

Yes it's the strongest class...due to this...but imo the weakest people use it the most :P You'll rarely see me as a med unless I've finished a few of the other classes or we actually need some meds.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
Kashu
The Peanut
The Peanut

Post by Kashu »

I agree, adrenaline in fight is lame.
I only use it if i have to run fast (just after hearing that dyno was planted for example, or to take a flag).
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

I play often as a med but I don't use adre (no to drugs :P)...
It might be usefull to run faster like kashu have said but usualy players use it only to make them "stonger" and kill more enemys :roll:
So yeah remove it :)

PS: Gobbo i'm going to vote on <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> forum but you can read my opinion here :P
Laugh Warrior

lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

lol, I use adrenaline for fun to just run really fast, it makes me laugh. I don't care either way.
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
MoW

Post by MoW »

well only reason i use adr. is to get from spawn point to whereva action is quicker!
P4in
Partners in Crime

Post by P4in »

Why does noone ever admit the truth,your all JUNKIES :D
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

okay well thanks for your input maybe peeps could vote over on <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> or you could run another here for <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> members only ? easier if we vote in one place i guess.
So far it looks ok to remove it for a trial but i will run the poll for a bit longer yet.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

i dont get it, why remove it? i dont think it should be removed at all... not like i ever play long enough to get adrenaline...

others do prolly, maybe people wont heal anymore if they dont get adrenaline at all... its the only promotion you get for healing that doesnt have to do with healing at all...
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

post top of page or is that not clear...
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

i know what adrenaline does, but some people change class when they have reached lvl 4med and still its not that they already spawn with it...

plus i dont think its really that necasary since not all people play a whole campaign or even reach that lvl...

plus like i said maybe it will stop them for healing others..., guess not but it could be
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

You just like to disagree with something, anything wimpeh, I swear you could start an argument in an empty room :wink:

I think a temp removal can't hurt. It would be very refreshing if the best players would choose a more trying class, ie. engie or covert (not sniping). Maybe this change would go someway towards that.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

Fingers Malone wrote:You just like to disagree with something, anything wimpeh, I swear you could start an argument in an empty room :wink:
i know, so everyone could just make my life easier with stop making mistakes... :)
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

i dont use it anyway.. so you can remove it for all i care.. :P
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
Eirik

Post by Eirik »

I never use it, but then I dont get lvl4 Medic, I'm a medic <b>hizzo</b> I use it all on myself, basically I just revive peeps :>
*Owned* ?
lost-hedgehog
Sonic without a Map
Sonic without a Map

Post by lost-hedgehog »

I would like to see adren stay...

I;d still be inclined to run in to wide open spaces with losts of explosions and gun fire to heal ppl but i'd like to come out of it alive :lol:

it also helps allies capture objectives... flag on oasis, thru spawn sprint on second part of oasis, get to cp on battery, get away with parts on radar...

i think it is essential for allies to stand a chance...

could you ban it for just axis :lol:

hedgy
<!--== Busy doing something i shouldnt be ==--!>
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

Guys...

There has been a lot of attempts on different servers to alter the balance of WolfET. Truth is, the developers of the game (Splash Damage) have spent *much* more time than anyone tweaking this balance, so although some of you may think a certain class or function is overpowered it was actually designed to fit in the gameplay. People have different opinions about what they consider "overpowered" - medic often comes back in the equation, or panzer. Personally I think artys are the most overpowered function in WolfET so it all comes down to personal taste and experience.
The experience system was created to reward classes with certain functions and removing completely these awards can only reduce the gameplay and make the game less rich. Yes, adrenaline can be frustrating sometimes if you can happen to be unlucky enough to face an adrenaline-powered medic during the 10secs he's stronger. But then so is getting your arse kicked just after spawn by a arty, mortar, or panzer... At least you still have a chance to take down that medic (which is another element of gameplay you would take out by removing adrenaline completely: the satisfaction of killing an adrenaline-pumped medic despite his health and speed advantage). And to be honest here, how often does facing an adrenaline-powered medic really occur? You need a full power bar to make it happen and proper medics will have spent some of it dropping the health packs required to heal his teammates. It's not like a medic is constantly under adrenaline!
You will also notice from the above posts that the majority of people who want adrenaline removed are the ones who never use it. We need to look at the bigger picture before suggesting such a drastic change.

Finally, all classes have a way to mass-kill opponents. Soldiers have their heavy weapons, field ops have airstrikes/artis, engineers have mines and rifle nades, cov ops have satchels... and medics have adrenaline. This is the way the game was designed, and I regard its removal as being a "bad thing" which not only reduce the fun, richness and the balance of the game, but also I feel it will affect the popularity of the server.
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

I agree with SuperCow here. Adrenaline is a feature of the game, and is there for a reason. Imagine taking airstrike or arty away from fdops, it'd cripple the game.
MoW

Post by MoW »

well sed there supercow.........*rnd of applause*...take a bow my friend....if u take away adr..mayb take away rifle nades.soldier class part from smg...fd ops cov n soldier n rifle nade engs start with that capability..medic has to 'earn the adr'
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

I dunno bout that, I was playing and there was not adren, and it was still fun (well as fun as getting your arse kicked can be b/c I was sucking!) However, moreso than the adren, i would like to see meds not be able to use their own medpacs. I can handle being beat in a firefight one on one, but it pisses me off when I'm about to finish them off and they run away! grr.
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

I thought it only fair to reply... my original post on hte topic.....
IT is just a thought .. but for a while i have thought the medic = strongest class why give it 10 seconds of constant speed and half damage when the other classes have had their strentgh removed eg fops and soldier reduced charge time.
medic rambo is big enough without adrenaline and i bet good medics would not miss it . IT WOULD BE A TRIAL PERIOD JUST LIKE ANY OTHER RESTRICTION WE HAVE TRIED
an addition i made : A restriction on medics was tried it was the least popular of the restrictions and when we tried it when we had a regularly very full server people /disconnected rapidly when they couldnt go medic
AND PART OF AN UPDATED POST :
.... so you would also be in favour of putting back unlimited field ops and soldiers and rifle naders all integral to the game and halving their recharge time back to their defaults Thus increasing spam and moaning and creating another <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server ..or were we just messing with that also....... its part and parcel of the game ? ..yeh so is balancing the game eg no spawn camping rules ..NOT INTEGRAL TO THE GAME ..limits on certain classes and abilities NOT INTEGRAL TO THE GAME ...
since doing it games balanced people playing having a good time i have yet to c any in game moaning and we have for the first time today gone to number 1 on splatty

In essance i understand your arguments however @ supercow the balance of the game has been adapted for public play on our server ETPRO is was a competition mod ,even in that mode the balance of the classes has been limited for good reason.
No @ satisfaction of taking down a dren fueled medic cause you were uber frustrated @ the 5 or 10 times you and a big part of your team get taken down by 1 . As i said above the limit on other classes has reduced that <b>@$$</b> kicking eg 1 panser /mortar per team not 5 medics on full dren.. A full power bar for dren ..yes i have seen said effect no medi pacs being dished out kill revives being done if you want to be killed /revived or not and in essance the medics holding onto their charge bar hitting it every 30 seconds when it is available and totally unbalancing the game.Thise initial fun gamess/game maybe 1 map when level 4 medics havent been made are just that fun... IMO it becomes hard work after that ... especially if you are playing any other class .. I totally do not agree that rifle nades are that strong and at 2 per side it should not be a bug issue ..but for the weakest class yes they should have some balance. medics jobs should be support and heal team not become the forefront of any attack besides which with the highest health and constant heal ability there strenth can be in no doubt to start .If these other classes were so good then they would be being blitzed.
@ mopx why is it removal of adren would be like taking away air/arty ..surley it would be like removing that lovley level 4 powerup for fops of enemy in disgues .wow how usefull..IF that is fops hadent already had their charge time doubled and numbers limited to 3 a side. something i did not want to do as i like playting fops but due to constant moaning about spam i had to find away to BALANCE THE GAME FOR EVERY ONE.
@ MOW SAME ARGUMENTS lets see for covys thated be take away single in the back knife kills, flack jacket for engis maybe abit usefull make up fort that 30 health point diference huh... infact the only strong level 4 upgrade would be smg for soldiers again though due to spam and moaning they have higher charge time and reduced numbers.. no real complaints from all the rambo medic players on that 1 maybe...
again why did i do that erm lemme see BALANCE THE GAME FOR EVERYONE.
THE ONLY OTHER OPTION AS I SEE IT WOULD TO BE TO ALLOW ADREN BUT GREATLY INCREASE THE SKILL P[OINTS REQUIRED TO GET IT OR MAYBE DOUBLE THE MEDICS CHARGE TIME ...I BET THAT WOULD BE VERY UNPOPULAR AND A SERVER CLEARER.
these are my thoughts atm ,why i pushed forward for removing adren .to see how the game flows and if it remains a good game .Early indication is the games have improved and balance is improved ,time will tell
MoW

Post by MoW »

best thing to do wud b up the xp...say 250?
Blackrhino
Partners in Crime

Post by Blackrhino »

like u said on vent last night any decent player doesnt need to use adrenline but u could have 2 decent players e..g me and gobbo 4 star medics and whipeout more than half the team just by using adrenline imho i htink its a good idea dude im backing you :)
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

i agree with rhino.. i never use adrenaline.. i dont think it matters cause im not that great of shot ;) but adrenaline in general is gay
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

DreamTheater wrote:i agree with rhino.. i never use adrenaline.. i dont think it matters cause im not that great of shot ;) but adrenaline in general is gay
This kind of statement is proving my point. Most people don't care about adrenaline because they don't use it. This is not a sufficient reason for taking it out of the game as it contributes to the game balance and is enjoyed by some players. Such a drastic action is basically punishing the "good" players - which to me doesn't tend to contribute to the high-class status of the Midnight Spikage server. At the very least I'd rather have adrenaline available at a higher XP level then.

If you think about it soldiers have been nerfed (1 panzer per team), engineers have been nerfed (I'll let you figure out how to see who actually follows what's going on on the server :)) and now medics with adrenaline removed... Who's to say what should be nerfed or not (obviously you guys do since it's your server but you see what I mean)...