making etpro fun.... step 1 remove adrenaline

gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

fair comment super ... but the point being i am trying to seek balance FOR EVRYONE.. those few odd players as you put it that use it UNBALANCE THE GAME ...IMO WHEN I USE IT THE RESULTS ARE REDICULOUS ...taking down half or more of the oposition just because of adren leads to a hard work game and too much imbalance .
But it may be that we trial it with a higher xp points limit or change the charge time ( which i do not like the idea of ) But if top pub players such as yourself *ray screamer and so on overuse it as it was before then i felt action needed to be take . It was not taken lightley or with no consultation .. I hope it does not put you guys of playing on ms but i reiterate my point games seem well balanced and chat i have seen people are having more fun ? less frustarted commenst and /disconnects due to constant being raged .
You and others supercow are way good enoughto play a good game without it i would assume/hope when you get over the drug withdrawals :P you may appriciate what i have tried to do and push forward.
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

One thing I've learned in life is that people complain. It's just human nature. I understand you want to balance the game for everybody but regardless of what you do people will always find new things to complain about. You can tweak settings etc. but now you guys have already started to remove features from the game, which is a way too drastic step (I've already covered that). I also don't think I saw any people complain about it but me usually playing as a medic probably doesn't put much trust in my statement. People usually complain about panzer and getting killed on spawn exit or such, which incidentally you've made worse by removing the medic ability to survive spawn exit artys/strikes, panzer or mortar...
I honestly don't think that adrenaline is such a problem as you put it, and I would wager to bet that this particular example of you taking down half the opposition under adrenaline doesn't happen very often (unless you're facing really inferior players which usually isn't generally the case on Midnight Spikage). Certainly it isn't any worse than a great panzer, mortar, or arty shot is it?

As a trial I would rather suggest putting the adre award at 250XP. This will still give medics an incentive to heal their comrades while allowing them to get their final reward.
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

yeh super we have a similar post over on midnight forums ree increasing the xp rewards may trial that soon
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

What would be cool is if you could make it where they need 250xp each map before they get adren for that map :D
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

I´m neither for or against adrenaline in game play. Some good arguments were used by both parts. As i see it, adren can unbalance as it can balance teams, one example: for allies when they need to push axis defences back. When i´m on allies team, and my team is sitting, waiting for a miracle to happen that makes the objectiv fall on their lap... i use adren cause ain´t fair for a single medic to rampage axis defences (carried out by 5,6,7 axis elements). And how many times did we saw that happening? Sometimes we have more then half allied team shotting from safe distance, not caring about the objectiv, just concerned about kill/death ratio at the end of map. That makes unbalanced game play too...

Bottom line, imo people more then option a,b or c can make (with their actions) in a precise moment the game balanced or unbalanced. :wink:

Any way if you guys want to try it out, fine for me, i play only for fun cause for me that´s what "play" means :P , so i would be playing even if: soldiers could only use potatos, fdops could only ask for rain, medics must knedle their enemys to death (lol sometimes i try that, never worked do), covis got to use a bow at long distance shoots, engies assault weapon were the pliers...oh wait many times it is and without any backup lol. 8)
If it is terrible enough... just think how terrible it can gets ;)
lost-hedgehog
Sonic without a Map
Sonic without a Map

Post by lost-hedgehog »

On the mention of other classes...

I dont think soldiers should be nerfed because a panzer is a nice line of defence on many maps, its only annoying when it lands in your spawn exit every 10 seconds, it takes the fun out of the class waiting so long... as it does for field ops.. dropping ammo becomes a pain... better to lengthen the arti wait time than the time it takes to drop ammo packs, you end up whinging for a field op all the time.

medics and engineers are fine, coverts could do with more health though as close combat just sucks unless u have an fg42 and are stood 1 metre behind them :lol:
<!--== Busy doing something i shouldnt be ==--!>
MoW

Post by MoW »

or jus get a better aim for the sten! :O
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

more steps are out on the <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> section on mdnight forums please go post ..i know you would like it on here but i want it in one place cause i am too lazy
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

Well, i've not heard one person complain about a lack of adren, and the server is still just as (if not more) popular.
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

lumberpat wrote:Well, i've not heard one person complain about a lack of adren, and the server is still just as (if not more) popular.
You must be deaf then, or maybe I'm not mooing loud enough :)
And using the same argument I haven't heard any people complain about adre on your servers before the change... And I played very often on your server...
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

the fact that u said PLAYED says a lot to me . as i havent seen u around i take it that the lack of adren is keeping you away ?
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

-=[<font><b>-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font>]=-SCREAMER wrote:the fact that u said PLAYED says a lot to me . as i havent seen u around i take it that the lack of adren is keeping you away ?
You're right I haven't played a lot lately; this is probably due to the fact that I've been playing poo recently and I'm not happy about it :(. The lack of adre on your server is probably a factor as well since I'm not happy seeing features removed from my favourite game; however to be honest it wouldn't be a deciding factor to keep me away from you nice people :)
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

gobbo wrote:more steps are out on the <font><b>-=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=-</b></font> <font><b>(<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>)</b></font> section on mdnight forums please go post ..i know you would like it on here but i want it in one place cause i am too lazy
I must be either blind or thick because I can't find this section on the Midnight forums?
aLC0H0LIc

Post by aLC0H0LIc »

here is my suggestion for adrenaline:
limit adrenaline per team (2 for team :?:)
imho its good compromise for adrenaline haters and lovers.
ofc i dont know if its possible.

and btw thanks for nice server :D
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

ah super you are neither it is a private area for all clan members to look and talk over things.sometimes the contentious things go public :P
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

I apologize, allow me to restate the more important part of what I said. the server popularity hasn't gone down, so the lack of adren hasn't caused major issues in that way.
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
Kazza
Music of the 18 Century
Music of the 18 Century

Post by Kazza »

:lol: :D :lol: :cheer: he said mooing lol cow
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

gobbo we have a place now thats private that we have links to your site to talk about them.... :D
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
Weirdoo0*

Post by Weirdoo0* »

i think adreline because i like those it helps me keep alive cuz i suk lol jk i own! :D
I'm Soo0* Weird