Server Suggestions

[!!!]xX

Server Suggestions

Post by [!!!]xX »

I know u guys like to do things ure way and i played the server the other nite for an hr or two and seen a couple of things i seen on other servers that could benefit ure server so thought i would suggest them. Remember these are only suggestions so no need to flame if u don't like em :P

1. Inactivity timer - We had one guy on allies who was afk for at least 2.5 maps. Unfortunately no admin was on the server at the time, and no one on my msn list either, we couldn't vote kick them so left the teams rather uneven indeed.
2. Vote kick-I know this has been discussed in the past, and yes u do get some stupid lamers who call votes all the time, but that is outweighed by getting the afkers off the server when needed. BTW as soon as Potty (i think it was potty at least) arrived on the server, the dude decided to play after all that time of inactivity *sigh*
I know u guys aint there all the time, but this would show some faith in ure regular players :wink:
3. Antispawn kill roofs, cuts the need for admins to need to spoil their games by checking for spawnkillers, doesn't stop panzer but stops airstrikes, artillery and mortar hitting spawn areas, therefore admin has no need to go to spec to check and they can enjoy their game (for a change) ;)
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

I agree :D

I think we have antispawn roofs on some of the maps.

I also like how FuN has the map at the loading screen that shows what is, and where is, considered spawn kill by highlighting the areas in red. So I'm hoping we get that added soon, as there was some discussion a night or 2 ago about mortar strikes on Goldrush.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

Tkx for your suggestions mazza :)

I also like how FuN has the map at the loading screen that shows what is, and where is, considered spawn kill by highlighting the areas in red.
idd X and that would help players and us to deal better with the no spwankill/camp rules ;)
Laugh Warrior

[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Can see all these suggestions in force on Hirntot server. They work :wink: et.hirntot.org i believe, pop in and see them in action sometimes, the roofs and loading pages on that server too btw, and u will see that their aren't too many kick votes going on :wink:
Kashu
The Peanut
The Peanut

Post by Kashu »

Here are my suggestions :
-Warning for selfkills limit in text messages and not popup (many ppl dont see the message and get kicked for that), just like the way it is on hirntot.
-Message with the HP left of the guy who just killed you, in the text messages (same as on GW's server, with the hpleft cmd)
-killing sprees messages
-remove the adrenaline explosion. medics have no warning and don't get why they are killed. just disable adren if you don't want players to use it.

i agree for inactivity kick or at least putspec.
but for kick votes u can use pb_kick instead.
LuckyCharm
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious

Post by LuckyCharm »

-remove the adrenaline explosion. medics have no warning and don't get why they are killed. just disable adren if you don't want players to use it.
I don't know, never seen this before but that seems pretty amusing to me! Price you pay kinda, yanno?

As for the timeout kick, that sounds fair to me and I do like this suggestion. It's not fair for people to go afk for long periods of times when there are others waiting at the door to get in. This could make things a lot easier on our Refs and when they are not around, our patrons will not be aggrivated by 'the one left in spawn' every time they respawn.
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

we dont have adrenaline enabled on the server....you can only get to 3 stars for med
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

Yep you can make level 4 medic now .I wanted peeps to get their promotiion . however if they try to use dren then splat :P and a silly message comes up .It is done via a lua module that mcsteve kindly did for me . next step in the module is to work out how to make them spin round and round before going splat . :P hours of fun .
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

lol gobby thats just great
Laugh Warrior

Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

it sux actualy rofl
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

lol thats a nice one, glad to see stevie boy getting on well with the lua scripting :lol:
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

prob with the timeout kick and the reason why it was removed is that when we are speccing people , if we were to be in spec to long we would also get booted
i have been in spec over an hour dealing with people ,. a 10 - 15 min idle kick would not work
m0pX

Post by m0pX »

Why not have the inactivity kick only affect unregistered nicks? That way the admins/regulars can soec the botters without worrying about being booted for inactivity..
rip-e

Post by rip-e »

i am lost : Mazza is xX ? or xX and Mazza are 2 characters ?! :?:
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

little of both same physical person but split personality's.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

hahahaaaa... good one bobo.. yeah m0px has a good idea.. i mean i sit spec for most the game if not all of it.. and the occasional time i do play.. so that wouldnt be good i'd be geting kicked the whole time.. can you do it mopx's way that sounds cool.. :D
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
rip-e

Post by rip-e »

ok bobo ! now i know for xX/Mazza !
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

Shoutcasters don't get kicked for inactivity afaik, but its not always nice to go shoutcaster when ure trying to spec a haxx0r, however as long as ure moving around now n again it won't kick u :wink:

I am Mazza <---- evil side
I am xX <--- nice girl side

Just hope my personality don't split any more or we're all in big trouble :twisted:
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

hahahaaha you have to have higher rank people to make you shoutcaster.. not everyone can make themselved shoutcastes..

rip-e

Post by rip-e »

hahahah xX ! i know who you are now !!!! :D
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

then squee they would need to do it the hard way and move their mouse now n again :roll:

I never hid who i was btw :P
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

yeah.. i do fly aroud the map.. most the time i spec people tho.. idk i just dont want to get kick

[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

afaik u won't get kicked as long as u move ure mouse while following someone :wink:
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

all seem like good ideas to me. btw, completely off topic but its been a while mazza, hows it goin?
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
[!!!]xX

Post by [!!!]xX »

good ta but i work now hon, not a lazy git like i used to b so don't have much time for gaming n fun, just moved house in jan too so am bizzy decorating n stuff, living out of cardboard boxes aint fun :!: but i'm sure this time next year we will b all sorted, so if any of u fancy a holiday, and are good at wallpapering/plastering/stripping(wallpaper)/painting, just give auntie maz a call :wink: