Time to choose!

blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Time to choose!

Post by blackangel »

Gobbo wrote:Should our et servers Remain Open ?? !!
The present

As many of you know the Contract for Our Dedicated box runs out first week in March ; the server account balance is sadly not infinite and quite frankly it is becoming as empty as the server it pays for!

Over the past six months Myself and many of the regulars have Attempted to keep those numbers up and get the server started ,It helped Until It became both a bore and a chore. - theres only so many times I can balance dynamite on a flagpole before it loses its charm.

Looking over the Server Utilization for the last month shows an average player count high of EIGHT on a THIRTY TWO slot server. My Server logs and Splatterladder confirm this (http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serve ... tilisation)

As is the Current State of things I see no future in continuing enemy territory servers .
These are my thoughts put into words .
I see no point in making a request for donations when the server box is being hardly used .
In the true spirit of a multi gaming community however if there is support for continuation then let it be shown .
There is until the first week in March to decide if we run another donation request , If we appoint some new refs and admins or if we let the dedicated server box go . Are there enough players out there that want a clan server opening with the midnight spikage name ?
Or is there a current et community that would bring our et friends together ?
Discuss .... Post ... Let your views be known ....

Thank you Gobbo .
And here is the link to this topic http://www.midnight-club.co.uk/MCforums ... php?t=1031

I do agree with gobbo...we all know that ET is dying the question here is are we gona stay together and have some more fun with this old friend or we can't be bored in playing Et anymore?
Many of us aint playing ET for their own reasons. Iam not playing cause wasn't having that much fun lately and after almost 6 years of playing felt like having some holidays =)
Would like to see our ET server up and running...it wont be like the old times anymore but think we could still have some fun together.
We could think about give ref/admins rights to a few regs of our trust to help, cause not many clan members are playing atm.
The cheaters, rules breakers, bigmouthy players can ruin our fun also and if the server continues to be empty most of time we could try to make it private only to clanmembers and friends. But this would only work if most of us would still be interested in playing and donate to the server.

now iam gona shut up lol and time to listen to you all :)
Laugh Warrior

rip-e

Re: Time to choose!

Post by rip-e »

And if we decrease the number of slots ? we will pay less.
Sometimes we are 12 or more in the server but not all nights.
I see ET dying, not at the same rate far and near in the world but i see it.
It's possible to close the server during time where frequenting is zero and open it when people use it ? we will pay only the using.

At long-term, i am convinced that there will be always a "kernel" of people playing ET, i imagine 5 servers and 75 people but they will still play it.

I say yes for <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>/<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> server to stay open. I can give money to Gobbo like i did the last time (sending money to Gobbo cost me less than using Western Union Angel !!!!!!), not many, not sure for all months but i will try (my life at this moment is not financial stable).

EDIT: i read posts from <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> forum, if we shut down the server what will happen to <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> and <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> clan ?
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

rip-e wrote:EDIT: i read posts from <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> forum, if we shut down the server what will happen to <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> and <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> clan ?
<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> Clan has been around almost 5 years now and we have lost or server 7 or 8 times due to money. The servers are nice but <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font> is a lot more then just about playing on our server.

As far as the server goes we should try to go cheaper.I don't know if our current host does but several that i have dealt with let you have private slots for 1/2 the price of regular slots. if that was the case we could drop it to 12 public slots and 12 private or 16 16 or any other combination would drop the price quite a bit and will still let us have 24 player match which is a nice size game as long as 1/2 the players are <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> or <font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>.

OR we can get every one to move to the states so we can get a server our side of the pond since they cost a lot less.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
rip-e

Post by rip-e »

BoBo wrote:
(<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>) Clan has been around almost 5 years now and we have lost or server 7 or 8 times due to money. The servers are nice but (<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>) is a lot more then just about playing on our server.
Yes !
BoBo wrote: As far as the server goes we should try to go cheaper.I don't know if our current host does but several that i have dealt with let you have private slots for 1/2 the price of regular slots. if that was the case we could drop it to 12 public slots and 12 private or 16 16 or any other combination would drop the price quite a bit and will still let us have 24 player match which is a nice size game as long as 1/2 the players are -=[<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>]=- or (<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>).

OR we can get every one to move to the states so we can get a server our side of the pond since they cost a lot less.
Yes !
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

BoBo wrote: OR we can get every one to move to the states so we can get a server our side of the pond since they cost a lot less.
I AGREE!!! :D
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
rip-e

Post by rip-e »

Any decisions for the futur of the server ?
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

yeah they are getting rid of it.. :(

rip-e

Post by rip-e »

ok :(
Kazza
Music of the 18 Century
Music of the 18 Century

Post by Kazza »

theres hardly anyone on it anyways...

just find a pub server that we can all become regulars at and we dont have to pay!
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

sounds like a plan.. :)

lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

punkbuster has handed a big glass of haterade to me, so I get kicked pretty much as soon as I get into somewhere, I went to their site and asked, I searched the web and tried the things they suggested but they didn't work. I even reinstalled punkbuster. So, if I ever get out of this problem, I'll post what servers I play on. Although, they are US servers, but i'd pop in euro ones if MS peeps were on there.
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
Kazza
Music of the 18 Century
Music of the 18 Century

Post by Kazza »

did you use PBsetup to update all of your games (et) ?
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

Post by -=[MC]=-SCREAMER »

rip-e

Post by rip-e »

I said in the <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font>'s forum that i can give 5 euros per month as long as i can.
Is others people interested ? :D
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

For those in the US. 18 GBP is about $35.41, 5 GBP is about $9.84, and 2 GBP is about $3.94. Although, I don't know how many US people play.
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

guys and girls pls post your opinions at the <font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> forums :)
Laugh Warrior

-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

update

as enough people have pledged to donate to cover the running costs of the server , it will remain open indefinately , although this will mean another ip change at this stage i dont think it will matter , once the server is set up and running its then up to us lot to get on and populate it

so for those of you that want to know the fate of the server , it will remain open :)

thanks again for the support
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

Good to know and thank you too for all the work and effort in keep MS alive :)
Laugh Warrior

?almond?

Post by ?almond? »

Hello
Maybe this is the wrong place to say hi to you guys but here I am.
Anyway I have been playing on your very empty server for a short time now. Mainly with
(<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>)Ice-C ream and Drax. It seems to me that people loose intrest in servers because of the boredom factor of the same old maps. Just an Idea guys maybe take a look at some new maps like snatch3 / chartwell / so many out there to chose from. It may attract more people! I do hope so :)
Good luck!!
rip-e

Post by rip-e »

?almond? wrote:Hello
Maybe this is the wrong place to say hi to you guys but here I am.
Anyway I have been playing on your very empty server for a short time now. Mainly with
(<font color=#00ff00><b>(SPK)</b></font>)Ice-C ream and Drax. It seems to me that people loose intrest in servers because of the boredom factor of the same old maps. Just an Idea guys maybe take a look at some new maps like snatch3 / chartwell / so many out there to chose from. It may attract more people! I do hope so :)
Good luck!!
Hi ?almond? !
yeah why not.
Kazza
Music of the 18 Century
Music of the 18 Century

Post by Kazza »

i dont mind the new maps idea. but b4 we started our server the main admins agreed to never do new maps...
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

well, back when MS was crazy popular, we tried adding in new maps and the population plummetted. That's why we stopped trying the new maps.
-=[MC]=-SCREAMER
Partners in Crime

ok , new server is now running , details can be found HERE
?almond?

Post by ?almond? »

Hi again

I see your point about new maps can cause the server to loose players but there are new maps which are now old maps and there very new maps that I don't even know.

So when I talk about having new maps I mean maps that have been around for ages and eveyone knows. For example Aldernest , Braundorf, Caen , Frost , I could go on.
If you look at clan servers like Tibet Temple they are always changing their maps and
you only have to check their server most days and it's nearly full.
Maybe you could reconsider and try one newer map for a start?
lumberpat
Kill All Spotted Owls!
Kill All Spotted Owls!

Post by lumberpat »

it's not up to me, really, i was just explaining why we didn't have any newer maps.