Can't Play on Demo 2

Come here what ever the prob is
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Can't Play on Demo 2

Post by SpikedCoffey »

For some reason, I can't get on demo 2 anymore. As soon as the server says "awaiting gamestate" I get a windows error message "The program et.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" For some reason it is only <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> that it does this on, i connected to 7 other servers tonight in an array of mods but thats the only server I could not get into. I have changed none of my settings since last night when I played. Any suggestions?
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

<font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> is p'ed at you and blocked you from their server..??
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

Sorry this is not angel, it´s her husband but let me try understand the problem: did you check the version of PB, maybe its more actual in <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> then in other servers. Check PB setup module to update it. Other problems should happens if you have some spyware in your pc without notice, that can enter in conflict with <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server settings such as their own firewalls and stuff they may have to protect the server.

PS: sorry to post this on angels name but since i have not registered yet on your site, she asked me to try to resolv your problem m8 :wink:
Cya, in hand when ever you need :)
Laugh Warrior

Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

well thanks.. :D glad to see you trying to help.. i know nothing about computers ... :P i was just being funny.. but it could be a possibility..

pAnts

Post by pAnts »

yup spike was banned for using the holabot..............

j/k im sure he was on the other night...if im wrong i will try and rectify :wink:
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

good ..:P :wink: he just doesnt know how to connect to servers.. hes a blonde.. dont worry about it.. :D :P

blackangel
Fear the Blackness
Fear the Blackness

Post by blackangel »

Well... iam like you squee :wink: . About PC i know very few things too, but my husband likes and knows a lot of it ... so if you need tell us something ok? :P
Laugh Warrior

Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

pAnts wrote:yup spike was banned for using the holabot..............
j/k im sure he was on the other night...if im wrong i will try and rectify :wink:
it would of been funny if you said a beerbot.. :P no n/m its not that funny anymore now that i said it.. well anyways just forget that i typed that...

i will do that angel thanks...

SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

its something wierd about how i have to connect to <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server first. If i connect to any other server b4 <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> then when i try to go to <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> i must first restart my computer. I have run into that problem on 1 other server now. Both are ET Pro servers but not all ET pro servers do that to me.
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

Let me see if i got it mike:

if you connect first to <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server you have no problems; if you connect to other server either is ETpro or not and then try to connect to <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> you don´t leave the awaiting game screen, is that?

M8 did you check your PB version on PB setup module? Its not likely that cause if it was a PB problem you would be kicked and not prevented from getting in. So check your et main folder in the ET directory, cause certainly you have made some uploads when connecting to some servers that conflict with the settings of <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b>. Then if you go first to <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> no problem, but if you get in one of that servers that settings become active and when you try to enter <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> you can´t :shock:
:D If this is the cause the solution is simple reinstal the ET game and don´t forget to erase the ET main folder otherwise your settings will still be there. Don´t try to erase the files you may think are the problem cause sometimes they corrupt :twisted: other important files.
:( For some reason i don´t know, some uploads that we make when connecting to some sites make registry modifications on your OS :crazy: , if thats the problem try to restore system to an earlier date when that did not hapen.

Give me some feedback on it, ok mike

Cya, Good luck :wink:

PS: in hand if you need m8 :soldat:
If it is terrible enough... just think how terrible it can gets ;)
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Hi Terrible, I would assume you are Angel's hubby. Appreciate your helping Mike out with this.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
lost-hedgehog
Sonic without a Map
Sonic without a Map

Post by lost-hedgehog »

lol X did the portugal location thing give it away? i'm impressed :lol:
<!--== Busy doing something i shouldnt be ==--!>
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

When I change servers though I totally exit the game b/c I use ASE to connect, so I am sure I am totally disconnected from the previous server. I checked my ET files, nothing out of the ordinary that I can tell. My mods should stop working when I close the game. Maybe its just a glitch. Its no biggy now anyways, I can still connect it just takes me a while since I have to restart and all.

Thanks for your help though.

p.s. Your wife is hot
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

:D Hello guys

Yep x i'm angel husband, and no lost you can cancel your apointement with"x - the psychic seer", cause angel had already told him my nick :lol: so he made an intelligent dedution. :idea:

Now mike, about your problem: eye is not a good software isn´t reliable, and it is easy to hack, so the problems you have been experienced may have a connection with it. As your second statement, it is not enterely true, cause if you need to restart your machine and then you can enter in <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> it´s cause something is still loaded on your mem. You know that when we start some process they are still running in backsystem, even if you left the main program. So when you connect to some server it is possible that you download some gadgets that start a process in your pc without you knowing it, process that depend on ET start, but is independent of ET log out.

Not everyone is so serious as you guys are, and when connect to some server my firewalls start to alarm intention of intrusion what means that when downloding ET files there may be enclosure vicious files :twisted: , that you not notice, but <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> firewalls notice when you try to connect to their server. If you restart then the process is over and if you connect to <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> directly it won´t be launch so you enter without problems.

Some times this files are not vicious :twisted: but are configuring settings that <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> server doesn´t accept. This is my only explanation for your problem m8, it must be something that stays in backsystem otherwise it wouldn´t desapear when you restart.

Ps: concerning to the fact my wife beeing hot m8 you are mistaken she is burning fire, so beeware it requires skills that only i have 8) , to won´t be burned :D

Cya all guys and girls :wink:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Hah! Us "serious"...you sure you in the right place? :P

Mike, just thow it up against the wall and be done with it bro. Get a new one....here take Hedge's! He sucks anyway so we don't need him playing :P

I've used ASE for about 3-4 years now, and had no probs with it. I say it's probably something another server you went to loaded on your pc that <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> don't like.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

What u talkin bout Willis? My comp rox! But i do agree, pork-e-pine does suck. It appears to me that there is no real solution to my problem if I continue to play on various servers. No worries tbh I don't play on <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> much anyways, I favor the american servers usually. Maybe if I played sober i could get this thing to work, but then again what fun would that be?

I appreciated all your help though Terry so I made you an honorary member so u get access to one more forum
terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

Hello again guys and girls :D

I'm grateful for becoming an honorary member, it´s a simple action but simple actions make great people, as i think you all are. That´s the reason for me to pressure angel to joy your family (guess you guys are all more then a team). So all this to say

THANKS

Anyway i agree with X, i guess you have only a config problem, that should stop if you take 5 min to reinstal ET, dumping your ET main file, but it´s up to you mike, cause if this is good for you m8 it´s good for me :wink:

Nevertheless X i'm guessing you have an original eye program, so you should be ok. I was just saying that, cause i know a lot of people that have problems with experimental eye soft, not so much config problems but security problems cause the soft by itself needs to create an amount of acess in and out your Pc that can compromise your data safety if you don´t got a dependable firewall, one that you can config step by step.
Never tried tho the full version of program, so i bealive you, when you say it works great X. :P

Cya all and thanks one more time :alien:
MoW

Post by MoW »

hey guys,been a while,ive not experienced any problems with ase either,been usin it since i started playin the game a while ago now lol,does the prob happen if u connect thru the game itself? if it does happen then ull b sure its ur config/settings (woteva u wanna call it) thats corrupt somewhere along the lines lol,im prob jus repeatin wot ppl have sed in some ways but hey im tryin :O
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Ha! I fixed it! The answer to this riddle was (D) none of the above.

Its embarassing, I do some part time i.t. work and yet I did not see this one coming. I had a program installed on my comp off the internet a while back. It was one of those sacks o crap that says "your computer is infected with spyware, install this software to fix it" well i looked everywhere to find where the program was installed. Checked Add/Remove Programs menu, logs of recently installed programs, looked all through my C: drive and even my slave drive. Ran Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and even Trend Micro PC-Cillin. Shockingly nothing found it. So then I just used a program block so I wouldn't have see the program run. Well last night I had a stroke of genius. I ran my msconfig and found 2 un-named programs that were launching when windows booted and it gave there file extensions. So i went in and deleted those programs and removed my program block to make sure that was the program I deleted. Sure enough it was and now I can connect just fine.
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

well then.. why didnt i think of that b4.. hmm.. :D

terrible
Honorary Member

Post by terrible »

Nice Mike :P , and what was it...something running in backsystem m8, like we had talked previous, launched on startup by msconfig.
Well i'm happy you solved it. :D

OK cya guys and grils, got to jump to hyperspace noooooooooooooooow

:alien:
lost-hedgehog
Sonic without a Map
Sonic without a Map

Post by lost-hedgehog »

Skills sir!!!

More people to <font color=red><b>[<font color=white><b>fP<font color=red><b>]</font></b></b></b></b> DCT please, lovely xmas names always welcome :lol:
<!--== Busy doing something i shouldnt be ==--!>