Prone delay

SuperCow

Prone delay

Post by SuperCow »

Hi guys

I've been playing on your servers a lot lately as I find it pretty good with usually high attendance and ideal number of players (15 max a side).

One thing I noticed is that you've enabled prone delay recently (probably on the 31st of August) - is it going to stay?

Take care,

|T3C|^SuperCow
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

hi superduper moo moo cow .... prone delay I put on as a trial like most things if lots of peeps object i may change the config and take it off..:>)
HAve fun cheers
<font color=blue><b>-=[MC]=-</b></font> Gobbo
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

Well I'm certainly not a big fan of prone delay (at least on pubs). No prone delay makes it (much) easier to take out fixed or mobile MG42 - God knows how annoying they can be when properly manned.
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

i'm anti-prone delay hehe, no use and only slowing down ur game... imo :)
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

prone delay stops ta mg going prone maybee ??? and jumping up i guess..???
Kashu
The Peanut
The Peanut

Post by Kashu »

Prone delay makes it harder for lame proners.
I'm 100% for the prone delay.
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

i don't get it :/ what's wrong with to lay down to shoot somebody? :s why should we be "punished" anywayz, no prob if you lettin' it there, just gotta get use to it i guess :)
Kashu
The Peanut
The Peanut

Post by Kashu »

PuPPy wrote:i don't get it :/ what's wrong with to lay down to shoot somebody? :s why should we be "punished" anywayz, no prob if you lettin' it there, just gotta get use to it i guess :)
Because the hitboxes become weird, and it makes you harder to hit. So if you can prone and then stand up without any delay, it makes it too easy for the proner.
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

The hitboxes do become weird when proned, I'd give you that. However in most close firefights the guy who suddenty decides to prone is most often than not the one to die next! (unless the opponent is really taken by surprise - which shouldn't happen to WolfET veterans).
Fingers_Malone
Sir Poo Finger
Sir Poo Finger

Post by Fingers_Malone »

I would like it removed, I always go prone to lay mines and it is a real pain if I get sprung and need to get up quick. If people want to prone in a firefight, I say let 'em. Easier to kill a proner most of the time imo.
gobbo
Partners in Crime

Post by gobbo »

I play MG madness when i can get hold of it especially on Fueldump ....where i have to prone i honestly havenmt noticed a problem :P
PuPPy

Post by PuPPy »

me neither... proners r easy to shoot :/
SuperCow

Post by SuperCow »

PuPPy wrote:me neither... proners r easy to shoot :/
For some reason headshotting proners can sometimes prove difficult (when it shouldn't be really!)
But overall they are easy to shoot (anyone not moving, even proned, is easy to shoot to be honest).