Any probz wid ur Pc?

Come here what ever the prob is
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Yes, there is a problem w/ my PC. It's Dead! Ever run an antivirus program so strong that it deletes part of windows? By golly I have! Whats even more fun is that your ex roommate steals the disk then moves 6 hours away! So, yeah. It won't run ET and kind of limps along on all applications. Besides that my Graphics card keps burning out the mobo slots, on on my 3rd and final one! Anyways, building a new comp (thanks to newegg.com the cheapest parts anywhere).

It will be an AMD 64000X2 with an 8800GTX graphics and 5Gig RAM and liquid cooling system. Just lacking the power supply and graphics card now, everything else is good to go. But those parts are gonna have to wait until Feb. due to the birthdays of 2 nephews, Christmas and, oh yeah, I'm buying a house! Because of the power of this thing I wanna run directX 10, which means I'm gonna run Vista Ultimate, which means 'What do I need to run ET with Vista?' I heard only a certain patch works.
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

First off welcome back.
As far as ET on vista I haven't had a problem with it.
PS Newegg FTW just ordered a 22" monitor from them for $199.
PSS I hope you bought the 64bit edition of Vista as the 32bit version can only support 4Gig of ram.
PSSS DirectX10 is a bit of a disappointment currently.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

DX10 depends on the game, I have a friend that plays Bioshock and it looks great. Not sure how much of that is the card but I know you can't use a card to its full potential w/o it. Also, PC magazine named DX10 the #1 technological breakthrough in software for the past 10 years. I read that in the magazine in the mens room here at work :P thats kind of what inspired me to build a super computer as oppossed to your normal run of the mill Dell or HP. What I did was I went to alienware's website and copied down all of the hardware on their top AMD computer, then I just went on Newegg and started buying. Well, I did make one change. They used a crossfire mobo and went with the nicer M2N32 Wireless SLI. Also the used corsair RAM which I heard a lot of reviews saying it was the fastest but has a low shelf life so I went with PNY instead because I've used them in the past and know them to be reliable. I can't believe that in all this computer part buying I actually sound like I know what I am talking about :D This will be the 1st computer I've ever built and I'm somewhat nervous installing the liquid cooling system. I know how to do it, it's just the whole water in a computer thing that gets me anxious.

Well thats great that ET fires right up with Vista. Someone told me a while back that you could only run a certain version with it but I bet all the good servers run that version now. Thanks Jesse, good to hear from you again brother.
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

With liquid cooling all you have to watch out for is to make sure that you use a non conductive non corrosive liquid. As long as you have a good liquid it makes it a less traumatic experience with the right liquid even if worst comes to worst and it leaks all over your Mobo and Video card you just turn the pc off take it apart and wipe up all the liquid with no damage to the pc.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

Cool deal. See what you think about my computer here are the parts going into it (i have a lot of free time on my hands today).

The Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811119121
The Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131011
The Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103191
The Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814133200 clocked much faster then other 8800GTXs
The RAM (2G chips as well): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820178153
The Cooling System: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835103029

Gonne be hooking this to 32" widescreen LCD that I have mounted to the wall in my bedroom. Then I'm gonna get a good wireless mouse and keyboard so I can sit back in my easy chair on the other side of the room, and blow peoples livers out.
OxyGen
Breath In.. Breath Out
Breath In.. Breath Out

Post by OxyGen »

hehe Mike it seems that you're comeback is gonna be a good one with a very nice nec pc =)
i also have bought recently a new pc and installed the Vista Ultimate 64bit OS and i can say that i even copied my ET from my old 32bit XP pc and put it on my new system, works with no problems.
about the directx10 i can only say that i am running crysis on it with 'ver high' graphics activated and it is really nice!!
saw some little movies on youtube from crysis on dx9 and comparing it with dx10, and you really can see the difference..