Blocked Ports

Come here what ever the prob is
Whiskey

Blocked Ports

Post by Whiskey »

Ok, so I have massive problems with Cardiff blocking ports on their network to stop people illegally downloading Bit-torrents or whatever. The problem is, is that the port ET runs through has been blocked as result of this.

Does anyone know of a way of letting ET bypass this blocked port and gaining a connection to a server where I can play ET. If you do please tell me how I do it :D
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

Try talking to your colleges IT department. Send them a cake or something and then ask them to unblock the port. As some one that works in IT at a college i will tell you the number one reason students have trouble doing stuff on our network is that they never tell us when something doesn't work. Also most people like cake and it cant hurt to bribe them a little.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
Whiskey

Post by Whiskey »

I tried that one on several tacks, asked them to unblock the port they said no, offered to pay for them to let certain software through, they said no :S

My next one will be forward ports 27960 and 29000 please so I can at least play ET
BoBo
Rammsteins' only fan
Rammsteins' only fan

Post by BoBo »

You cant pay them to do it. Their would be no way to deal with the money and they might get in trouble for taking it. Now if you gave them a large cake with "please unblock port 29760 and 29000" written on it in icing and see what happens.
There’s a hole in the sky through which things can fly
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

maybe you should give them a cake or something i dunno just thought of that
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
Whiskey

Post by Whiskey »

Ill try the cake idea then :P