lets talk about

Talk about anything you like or don't like here about anything. Please Keep it Clean.
MoW

Post by MoW »

well its virtually impossible to drift a fwd as the car is bein dragged rather than pushed so wherever the wheels are turned the car wants to follow,rwd are prob better for gettin a better angle durin the drift,jus takes a skilled driver to keep it goin. never had the experience of an awd so cudnt comment on that situation but from wot i hear nissan skylines are the best drift cars coz u can tune em without takin the engine apart,jus plug a comp into it :O lol how easy is that,jus u gotta kno wot ur doin
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

skyline is crap.. but there also RWD
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Mikeangelo wrote:Cool mayor! Happy driving.

OK let e explain my theory in a more scientific approach. It is harder to start a drift in an AWD vehicle, you have to hit the turn a lot harder. But because you have all the wheels spinning at the same speed one end of the car does not try to sling ahead of the other once the drift has started which allows you to maintain a consistent line. In a front wheel drive car the rear of the car is constantly trying to accelerate ahead of the front where as if you maintained the same steering wheel and accelerator position at all times eventually you would spin out because your drift angle is constantly increasing. Where as in a perfect 50/50 front to rear power displacement AWD car your angle would remain relatively the same assuming the weight distribution of the car is not more in the rear of the car, which is usually not the case.
lol your theory is completely wrong, cept from/for a novice drifter :P

1. FWD's can be drifted very successfully. The bad part is for the most part it's an emergency break drift, not power and not a smokey drift :P

2. AWD's for the most part suck for drifting...unless on dirt. Why do you think the only Skylines being used in drifting today are 2wd? There's only a few Skylines in Formula D, and hardly none, if any, are AWD.

3. RWD's take pure skill. There's so many different ways to drift it's pitiful. But most good drivers apply all the techniques in a single run, and sometimes in a single turn. You can e-break, you can downshift to get the drift started, you can heel toe it, you can powerslide, etc. Also you can't beat the smoke of a RWD's tires in any other type of driveline.

4. Absolute top car fordrifting to this day is the Nissan 240SX/Silvia early or late model. Late model has a better weight ratio. Swap in the JDM RB26 engine of the Skyline along with a good LSD rear and you've got the top drift car.

Bad part about Formula D is the Amrican vehicles hav so much torque that they have the most speed and most smoke everytime, so they win the most. Take'm to the Touge and I bet most would b off the mountain side :P

Wanna learn to drift? Goto http://www.drifting2.com Great vids as well...including the best FWD drift Honda.

For those w/o a "drifter" you can try THIS at your own couch :D

lol check out Peter Solberg....Rally driver...in a STi Suby HERE He does a real good job, but it is a parking lot :P

Lots of drifting vids on youtube of cours and drifting2.0
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Some of my favorite sites:

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

My profile on Shoutlife.com
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

OK so you just said my car is crap to drift, then show a vid of a car like mine drifting. Liberal!
I rode a tank and held a generals rank,
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank.
I shouted out 'Who killed the Kennedys?'
When after all it was you and me.
Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste.
And I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reached bombay.
Pleased to meet you hope you guessed my name.
But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game.
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

you have a rally car... why is it a rally car? because it doesnt drift.. end of story imo :X
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒
wTh|Greg

Post by wTh|Greg »

wow you guys are boobs.

This is my car...no problem doing a drift in this

Then here is my race car....no problem at all doing it in this
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

hahaha ur boobs.
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

lol Mike that's more donuts then drifting :P Nvm the fact he's a pro rally driver.

Watch Formula D or some Touge drifting vids and count for me how many AWD's you see driftin :D (don't worry you got enough fingers :p)
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

* ChristianRock.net * Jesus Freak Hideout * Christian Rock Lyrics * Call FM * Pure Volume * Steelroots.tv *

Visit my MySpace page>>

SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

I'm too lazy to look but I'd like to see some specs on a supra, we can't get those here in the US and i've always been a toyota fan. When the camry starts NASCAR next year, its pretty much over for anyone thats not driving one, referenceing how they've dominated the truck series. A race car that never breaks down for an entire season will always finish well. Also which is faster at stock, supra or skyline?

I've learned one thing, don't trust a 300GT. Stock, they are crap slow. But they are a very cheap car to upgrade and also they are very easy to upgrade with the small engine and tons of hood space. Most people go out and buy a very cheap turbo and put in them. So with a ltl work and a whole lot of maintenance (because the 3000GT breaks down a lot) you can have a pretty quick car.

Also my subie just turned 4000 recently :D
SpikedCoffey
Ballin' on a Budget
Ballin' on a Budget

Post by SpikedCoffey »

OK actually i just got off my butt and looked up the specs

Supra: 3.0L In-Line 6, 225HP at 6,000 RPM
http://www.japanesesportcars.com/galleries/img465.htm

Though I didn't look hard i found all the info i needed to know by the title of the skyline

Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R-V-spec which means a 2.6L Twin Turbo, so yeah the skyline would win.
http://www.japanesesportcars.com/galleries/img635.htm

If you looked at the link above you can really appreciate the work that went into that engine. Very nice work.

But theoretically with both cars at a stage 3 upgrade the Supra would be faster. Because the 3L in-line 6 is a big engine and if its only turning out 225 horses then they hasve actually tuned the car engine down from its normal capabilites. It wouldn't take much work to unleash the beast from that.

At first I didn't like ricers, but now I've changed my mind. Most people by one to tune it to be, well, mostly because thats the fad. Some do it because they do want a faster car without all their money going fast. I do it because nobody suspects that kind of power out of some of these cars. Haven't you ever wanted to blow one of those snotty rich people with their super expensive mercedes, BMW, or Audi right off the road?
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

i was going to say skyline is faster stock.. and you forgot that next year in NASCAR Chevy is still gonna be in it.. soo toyota doesnt have a chance =P
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

You should try playing cars the videogame, its a gg =)
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

Toyota bettr get some better driver first bro. Right now the line up is mostly has beens. I do believe the Toy will be a force to be reckoned with...one day...but not the first year.

Visit my MySpace page>>

DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

who else is drivin toyotas? waltrip(sucks), jarret... may do fairly well depending on how good his team is, right now hes with yates and tbh yates has gone downhill since they started building their own engines
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Here's on for ya Mike...music vid

Post by SPiKed X »

Visit my MySpace page>>

Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

wow you guys like to talk about cars.. :P

then x comes in and shows a music video.. hahaaa
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
SPiKed X
the X factor
the X factor

Post by SPiKed X »

But it's a vid with mullet dudes and a wrx and the General Lee in a race :D Who doesn't like that? :p

Visit my MySpace page>>

DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

im buyin another car... 91 camaro.. 305TPI.. and i still dont have my license LOL
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
Squee
First Lady
First Lady

Post by Squee »

my friend has a 95 camaro.. its a nice car.. i love driving in it.. :D
Watch Out For Rabies I Bite!

Look at my big ole' (acorn) (acorn)'s

*star*=Squees' gold star! :chear:
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

=) buy one =P.. i think they had LT1's unless its a v6
EVERYBODY BEESWAT
f@tal
DY-NO-MITE!!!
DY-NO-MITE!!!

Post by f@tal »

well fatals a poor teenager so im happy with my explorer lol.
:twisted: Compare your life to mine then kill yourself. :twisted:

:twisted: The dumber people think you are the more surprised they are when you kill them. :twisted:

:twisted: There are no problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of explosives. :twisted:
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

im rich i pay ppl to drive me anywhere...
MoW

Post by MoW »

lol <font color=#FF33CC><b>teh pwnz0rer</b></font> giv us ur money then lol,i jus got a peugeot 306,dunno if any of u kno them?
Wimpeh
Smell the Mel
Smell the Mel

Post by Wimpeh »

they drive around in the netherlands aswel...
DreamTheater
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

Post by DreamTheater »

i know em.. heard of em.. but no offense euro cars are trash..there all tiny and ugly imo
EVERYBODY BEESWAT